yes or no? / this or that?

chris

I like mine because it's simple and minimalistic, with just the right amount of flair in the rescue orange lining.

I don't think Porter revolves around high-fashion or anything groundbreaking in an aesthetic sense. :D It's just a nice technical bag that will stand up to a lot of abuse. After having to baby my Margiela for a year, the ability to take it through rain and snow and stuff it under airplane seats will be a nice change of pace.

Apparently they also have just the basic Tanker sans the 3-way option, if that's not your thing.

The construction of that Porter briefcase looks unreal, and worth it in terms of quality and durability... and, of course, the 3-way thing is pretty novel.

But aesthetically, I just don't get the appeal.

i can vouch for gregory jp stuff, i have a slightly smaller one and the quality is fantastic. I don't really have any complaints except its more of a vintage backpack and not a technical one... meaning it has basic straps (opposed to mesh/moisture wicking/ suspension, etc.) and is kinda unstructured. Also, one thing that kinda erks me is that there is no external water bottle holder, something I didn't think about but that I miss from my older backpacks.

^jok52: If you're a 42 in CPs and want grey Achilles Lows, I'm thinking of selling mine... Not worn much.

Wood Wood Jackets. One or none?

Also, do they look too thick for an Australian (Brisbane) winter? I'd just wear a t-shirt underneath.

It says they're a 'thinpadded shirtjacket perfect for the September/October evenings'.

1353_75f26da844.jpg

1353_6bf835a609.jpg