Going to Honolulu in August...

Victor

Quote:

I was just there... in4mation and Kicks are the top two by far. If you're into Japanese girl fashion there's a bunch of fascinating stuff in Waikiki too... Pineapple County, etc.

--- Original message by zelmo on Jul 19, 2005 06:00 PM

I just checked out the site, my girl is going to love that Pineapple County place...

hey, i live in hawaii, and if you're staying in waikiki (which 99% of tourists do) there are a lot of stores there. just note that they are more for japanese tourists, so expect to see: Dior, Prada, LV, Hermes, Ferragamo, Burberry, Yves Saint Laurent, and Coach. If you jst walk around Wakiki, youre bound to find stuff.

Ala Moana Center, which is just past Waikiki, has the central shopping mall, filled with pretty much everything you can imagine. It's gotten a little more high-end recently, with additions like Neiman Marcus. Watch out for stores like A&F which have put 20% price marks on their stuff here (to sucker tourists).

note: In4mation is in Ward Warehouse, and is surrounded by stores of little importance.

Kicks HI is in a hole in the wall 2 blocks past Ala Moana Center, near Tower Records.

Aloha Rag is a very cool store, but not really reasonable stuff. Chloe and Balenciaga Bags, and Martin Margiela, Comme des Garcons clothes.

Kahala Mall is no-mans land, and mainly has retreads of Ala Moana stores. Girls might like Shasa Emporium, which carries C&C, True Religion, and Ella Moss.

as for food, i'd recommend 3660 on the Rise, it's the best pan-asian restaurant in Hawaii, which is saying a lot.