PM me

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

larry bird: for sure. for a six month period (six months ago) i was down there about once a week. amazing place for sure. but then i am a longtime walt whitman fan and wherever his beard travelled is where i'd like to be.

as for the second locale, eh, once in a while. it sure isn't the place it was. and i barely recognize the place anymore. no more zipperhead. no more vintage denim spot. no real flavor anymore.

jmatsu:

1. i won't pretend to have known the answer off the top, but the clothing line was designed by Marge Marshall-Gamboa of Slant 6, wife of Steve Gamboa.I found a blurb about the summer 1997 collection:

Modeled by members of the band Blonde Redhead, Bikini Kill's Kathi Wilcox, the Warmers' Amy Farina, her hubby and others, Marshall-Gamboa's designs drew raves from the 300 in attendance, up to the final pirate outfits with britches. Music was from the Make-Up and Marshall-Gamboa's band, Dirty Clobber, which includes ex-Chisel man John Dugan.

2. and don't call me that. that isn't me.

3. for the better. i think it is still finding its voice.

4. myself, probably, to be frank.

hawkeye: its been five years or so. i barely remember. cultpop can probably steer you in the right direction.

i am big fan of the flying fish ESB. toured their factory once; in cherry hill, nj. surprisingly small, especially in light of the fact that they are the largest of nj's 20 or so craft breweries. i haven't had beer in my fridge for months now, however, after having switched to gin. the beer weight comes right off!

will_i_am: alligator, probably. i would be a bit squeamish about the monkey, because i can relate to its anatomy. a reptile not so much. though i guess if it were really a matter of life and death, the monkey. probably easier. i'm not sure how one goes about killing an alligator with ones hands anyway. fuck it. i'd let the gator lunch on my organism.