Phillip Lim Leather Jacket F/W 07/08

hola123

I'm in the market for a leather jacket and have around $1300 to spend. I was considering the Phillip Lim jacket from the current season:

http://www.aloharag.com/highseas/product.asp?s%5Fid=0&dept%5Fid=4553&pf%5Fid=PAAAAABCBMMOFPFA&px_id=60

However, I'm a little concerned it looks like a Dior Homme copycat. I'm debating whether I should just go for the Phillip Lim jacket, or if I should try to find some kind of Dior Homme leather jacket from the spring/summer collection that's on sale from luisaviaroma, etc. Another problem I'm running into is that I can't seem to find many websites with decent Dior Homme jackets on sale...anyone know of any websites other than LVR? I need advice!

I've tried on the Phillip Lim Jacket and it fits very nice and the craftmanship looks good for an overseas piece(I believe it's made in China), But if I were you, I would get a Dior jacket. I've seen some awesome DH leathers go on ebay for $1500 and even lower. Don't let the in sotre $4000 on some Dior jackets discourage you...just search ebay and the MSN Dior Homme group and I'm sure you'll find something.

Let us know what you end up getting too!

hate to break it to you but that jacket is pretty much a modified members only style leather jacket. now I'm not saying go and get a Members Only b/c they are the original deal (I actually think they're played out now) but if you spend a little time on ebay or thrift stores, it's possible to get a jacket that looks 90% like the Lim one and save 90% of your cash.

But if you insist on getting a $1000 bomber, I would say go with a Dior Homme find on ebay as well. Hedi was the fuckin talk of the town for the last 5 years in fashion and b/c of that I feel that his clothing will always retain a good portion of their value. Lim on the other hand is only up and coming and IMO a lot of his clothing come off as bland. This can translate to not as much desire for his items if lots of ppl feel the same and if you ever get tired of the leather jacket that you got for full retail, well guess what, you're stuck. Take it from me, I've exchanged almost my entire wardrobe 2-3 times over the last 6-7 years and buying quality items that keep their value is worth it. (also imagine if you gained or lost weight and the jacket didn't fit, you would still be inclined to get rid of it even if you like it and again the value of the item becomes important)

p.s. yes pls let us know what you decide and post pics of what you end up getting if anything

I've tried on the Phillip Lim Jacket and it fits very nice and the craftmanship looks good for an overseas piece(I believe it's made in China), But if I were you, I would get a Dior jacket. I've seen some awesome DH leathers go on ebay for $1500 and even lower. Don't let the in sotre $4000 on some Dior jackets discourage you...just search ebay and the MSN Dior Homme group and I'm sure you'll find something.

Let us know what you end up getting too!

i agree with chadM....try to find some from ebay...

if u dont found them..wait for couple of weeks, there always something new at ebay.

cuz 1000 its quite a lot mate...u want to make sure u end up with something decent

and worthed...

or check regurarly that msn dior homme group...might found something that not on ebay...

all of you guys are right-- it wouldn't make sense to get the phillip lim when i can get a similarly priced dior homme leater jacket on ebay. i guess i just was concerned that i wouldn't find what i wanted on ebay, but after checking out the dior homme msn group, i'm sure i can find something. however, i've been thinking about it and looking into leather jackets more and am considering getting something from cloak. so, the new question:

dior homme vs. cloak?

I tried on the jacket yesterday and yes the leather and styling does remind me of later day Dior homme (soft, light leather, lots of zippers, elastic cuffs, slim fit). It's not bad looking or anything but if you like that kind of styling and leather (I don't so I'm not really into DH leathers either, except for those made during Luster) I'll have to say you can either find much better construction (for exemple the only Riri zipper is the main one and it doesn't zip very well due to construction problems) or a lower price.