new yorks best kept secrets

titleofauser

alot of people mention checking out odin, nom de guerre, opening ceremony, barneys etc etc... all are fairly common new york city shopping answers...atleast amongst these boards and many others...

however, I was wondering what might be some of the less popular and unknown shops? not due to being bad, or carrying bad labels, but more perhaps because of their location, or attempt to stay lowkey (like opening ceremony and nom de guerre, but they're fairly well known by now). I just want to check out something new upon my visit next week.

famous friends? bblessing? number nine? comme des garcons?

the so-called sufu-approved stores are already low-key, compared to retail giants like H&M.

but then again, i dunno

Yea, if they were too low key, they wouldn't be around still because customers wouldn't know about it....

Go to the Cloak store before it shuts down though.

Den.

Other than that....I have no clue.

second this... they're def closing this month

check out Famous Friends. theres not much else around there, mostly residential area so the location is kind of interesting. close to Tompkins Square park which has been very lively the couple of times I've walked through, last time there was a bunch of old guys singing and loads of people dancing around.

Agreed. You should check out Famous Friends and Bblessing. Both shops carry some interesting stuff and the staff at Famous Friends are consistently very friendly and helpful (going so far as to recommend pieces they thought I'd like, but I overlooked.)

Agreed. You should check out Famous Friends and Bblessing. Both shops carry some interesting stuff and the staff at Famous Friends are consistently very friendly and helpful (going so far as to recommend pieces they thought I'd like, but I overlooked.)

Hey can you please give me the webbies for these?

should be through the end of the month, unless they sell most of the stuff quicker.

I don't like the N(N) store, it tries way too hard. It's so dark, you can't see the all black merchandise well, and the staff's holier than though attitude is so 90s. I don't buy NN, but if I were to, I'd support Atelier instead.

OP, what are you into, shopping-wise? It'd help narrow down the options. The CDG store is awesome, and on the road not travelled by tourists. There is also a fairly new store that carries Japanese fashion, called Amalgam. That's in SoHo.

the last time i was there was last week and everything was 60% off and i heard that there may be further reductions in the next few days or so towards closing

Damn.. I was just there too.. I thought Cloak was long gone so I just did a double take and kept walking to BiG.