Jewelry - What would YOU stock?

red120

Hey guys,

I've been planning for the last few months to open up an online storefront for designer jewelry, and working on the behind the scenes stuff to try and make it happen (securing bank loans, market research, etc.) and have talked to a couple designers to try and bring in stuff. Now that everything infrastructure-wise is set up already, I wanna talk to many more. So, of course I want to ask you guys what you think is worthwhile to bring in... yeah, it does vary depending on your own taste, but let's just say your own preference.

Of course, a new upstart can't bring in any big names such as Chrome Hearts :D I talked to the dudes from Ugo Cacciatori earlier, and unfortunately, they aren't willing for new retailer that's online, either.

fading blue just said it. maybe Bing Bang too. But your going to have to drop prices as jewlery really dont sell. Active Endevours has those lines and the stock is still full. jewlery is rediculously priced in my opinion.

as of right now, this moment, i disagree. but i hear you

Wow, Chronicles of Never looks really good. I love how it looks, how it's weathered, how it looks like each piece experienced a lot. I get the feeling it won't sell... but still, I like it :D

They're carried by IT (HK) though... would they really be interested in selling to a new start-up like mine?

Worth a try anyways, I will e-mail them tomorrow, as well as a couple of the other ones you guys mentioned :)

that Hayley Mei brand looks allright. kinda like a cooler, less hyped, happier version of alex+chloe,and its pretty cheap too so it might sell well.

Edit: Also try a brand called Erica Aneberg (sp?). They i saw them at HUB in scottsdale and they had some cool stuff. It's mostly girls but some of the pendants can pass off as unisex. Although its all silver so it can be somewhat expensive (around 90 dls per necklace i think).

that Hayley Mei brand looks allright. kinda like a cooler, less hyped, happier version of alex+chloe,and its pretty cheap too so it might sell well.

Edit: Also try a brand called Erica Aneberg (sp?). They i saw them at HUB in scottsdale and they had some cool stuff. It's mostly girls but some of the pendants can pass off as unisex. Although its all silver so it can be somewhat expensive (around 90 dls per necklace i think).

Yep, took a look at their site earlier. Their silver price is not too bad, but the gold pieces (around 500) is too high a price point for my target market that I'm aiming approximately 80-250USD. Anyways, still waiting on a response from them :)

Actually, I have been trying to find lots of girls' and ladies fashion jewelry as well, as I'm expecting to stock between 75% to 80% of products as women's line.