What are your thoughts on black denim.

ohmyamoose

I have been thinking about getting a pair of black jeans but I have always thought that black jeans were really trashy. Do other people think this too? My girlfriend told me that as long as they are not faded they should look fine.

I think a high quality black jean would look better than cheap black jeans I have seen.

someone please neg rep the fuck out of him

I think this is a fine question. I am from the midwest so the only black jeans I have seen are on A) Super tight jeans emo kids and goth types, B) ICP fans and the like, C) White trash dudes at the dirt track races with a 24 pack of keystones (i.e. Joe Dirt).

I kind of like the look of black jeans but growing up (and before I found SuFu) I always put a negative stigma on black denim. I want to get a pair that looks good in a casual style.

Black jeans can be nice when you're in the mood for something different than indigo. I have the Samurai S5000BK and just got the Iron Heart 1634 21oz black with silver rivets. The IH looks very much like a really dark indigo jean, black with white weft. And the IH rise is a little less than the Imperial black jeans.