Help! Updating my wardrobe with some new jeans

fosho78

Here's my situation: I've been into Rock and Republic jeans for a while now and I want to get away from those and start getting more into more premium denim. I've gotten rid of a lot of my older jeans and now before I go back to college I want to get two new pairs of jeans.

I've already purchased one really nice pair of jeans that I like (Sling & Stones - David in Dry) and I want to get another pair of nice jeans to go along with them. Any advice on which way I should go? Also: If you could help me out with things that the Denim Bar has, as I will probably be going there to get my jeans. I just wanted some ideas as to which jeans I should try on. I think I'm going to try on and probably buy a pair of APC NS, but what other recommendations do you guys have?

As far as fit goes, I like my jeans tight but not superskinny. The Sling & Stones are almost a little too wide after the knee. Maybe something slightly skinnier? I like the fit on a lot of Samurais and Sugarcanes I've seen on this forum, but does DB carry those brands? If not, anyone know somewhere where I can get them in or around Washington D.C.?

Thanks for the help!

The APC NS are a great pic for the slim fit. Other stuff at DB you might like are Nudies Even Steven, (maybe) Slim Jims or the standard Regular Ralf. PRPS, Rag & Bones RB15/16, Julian Red, Acne Mics might be a good choice too.

You mentioned that you like the fit of Japanese denim, just realize that a lot of them feature cuts inspired or patterned from vintage levis and are actually rather anti-fit. Samurai does have som more modern slimmer fits, but for SC, most cuts are full and fitting a comfortable fit that doesn't make you look like you are wearing a diaper can at times be difficult.

I think the denim bar carries sugar cane, but I could be wrong. Give Mauro a call he is very helpful.

Thanks for the great advice! So I'm guessing DB doesn't carry Samurai or some of the other Japanese denim companies? And if that's true, where can I get them from?

You gotta use a proxy or order from rakuten shops that ship to the states.

I suggest you go with your first instict...

Denim Bar carries Sugarcane, they carry almost the entire line... As do we..

go into the store and try a on a few styles. Start with the 1966, which is their slimmest cut...

I suggest you go with your first instict...

Denim Bar carries Sugarcane, they carry almost the entire line... As do we..

go into the store and try a on a few styles. Start with the 1966, which is their slimmest cut...

Yeah trusting my first instinct got me the Sling & Stones, which I am very hapy with. I def. want a jean that's slightly tighter in the lower leg part, but I'm not at all complaining about the Davids.

I am planning on visiting some family in SF in a couple of months and I am going to plan a trip out to Self Edge!