Clarks

salty_road

i've got the redlands, and im eyeing the desert trek/boot...

but i dunno how so many of u all can say that they are comfortable. while it does feel good on the feet, the soles are so hard my feet always hurt after a few hours.

but then again, i only really feel good in some nike airs...

sanding down crepe soles before you wear them sounds like a bad idea, i wouldn't do it...the heels aren't really all that big

and i personally think wallabees are super comfortable... although unfortunately i've found that for some reason the china ones they make now w/the removable insoles are way more prone to rolling your ankles than the old irish ones, which i've never had a stability problem with

I will definitely say that you can roll your ankles with Wallabees - however, it is especially true for the China/Vietnam made ones. If you are lucky enough to score a vintage pair of Irelands, the crepe sole is a lot sturdier and will wear a lot better than its Asian counterparts.

• 4 months later...
clarks are not good,you can roll your ankles. dont get them. get some redwings 875.

ive been out of the loop for a while, and then i find this abhorrent post. first, wallies can be prone to causing ankle sprains, but like most fine things, you have to learn how to walk in wallies. no heel dragging. my first pair of wallies taught me how to walk like a gentleman. just like my first pair of birks, my feet hurt @ first because my feet werent used to using certain muscles. dont tell someone to ban a whole brand because you had a bad situation. wallies are as comfy as a cuddly sheep!!! i don't like how some of these cats got em on just to be trendy. ive been rockin clarks for over a decade, and i always will(god willing). this aint no fad!!!