Nike SB at PacSun

if this is in fact true...i'm almost happy to see it happen...sooo sick of all the hype surrounding nike SB...

i love nike...but it just seems as though the SB line gets way too much love and exposure...they make decent shoes to skate in, but that's about it...

opening up to pacsun will prove once and for all that nike is in it for the money kids...

The amount of money they are making / could be making in their SB division is minimal compared to the revenues coming in from the rest of the company.

They know exactly what they are doing with the SB stuff. Really, there isn't THAT much money to be made, they're still working on winning over the skaters. And they are doing a decent job thus far. Marketing machine.

Shops like PacSun don't even get the good stuff from the companies they currently carry.. DC, Etnies, Es, Globe, IPath, etc. all send only their general releases there. The highest selling models in the most common colorways. So if they do get Nike, which I highly doubt, they'll get something like those mocha + grit dunks at best. 6.0 line I can see.

powerglov is correct!

It's brand management guys...

Dunks have been in shitty dept. type stores for 2/3 years now but NOT SB's.

SB's will NOT be at PacSun.

The SB division is no dif than all the quickstrike stuff. For tastemakers (yeah right) & not for

the masses. Nike could sell this thing out in no time if that was their ultimate goal.

Use your fucking heads... Nike has shit that goes to Kohls so that lower & middle America

can wear their brand & they have shit that goes to Union. That shit is NEVER the same product.

Don't get the two confussed.

SB's in PacSun... get a fucking grip.

& who cares anyway? Y'all shouldn't still be fucking with SB's!

-Dub

"And nike most def isn't in it for the money here, if they were, they wouldn't have cut half of their sb accounts this year because stores were charging too much."

This is true that Nike did cut half of there accounts this year but the reason has nothing to do with them not being in it for the money. The whole subculture industry is just as much based off of marketing tactics than any other mainstream culture. Nike cut the accounts because they wanted the SB line to be more sustainable not because they were in it for the good of the consumer. Profit it the main reason for any decision Nike makes. To think Nike has any interest in the consumer is completely absurd. They didnt want to flood their market with SB's that way it would be short lived. They realize that there is more profit in more limited production for a longer time while also maintaining their reputation then overflooding the market for a quick profit.

Yo that's just what I heard. This is the same dude who told me the entire Aesthetics team was now on Zoo York, like 3 months before it was ever in any magazine. I told him he was full of shit... He knows whats up, so I guess wait and see. It might not even be for 6 months or so. But think about it. How many dorky skate kids do you see wearing dunks they ordered from active? It's not that unbelievable.

Looky here, it's just the way the cookie tear. Prepare to get hurt and mangled like Kurt Angle, rookie year.

Quote:

Yo that's just what I heard. This is the same dude who told me the entire Aesthetics team was now on Zoo York, like 3 months before it was ever in any magazine. I told him he was full of shit... He knows whats up, so I guess wait and see. It might not even be for 6 months or so. But think about it. How many dorky skate kids do you see wearing dunks they ordered from active? It's not that unbelievable.

--- Original message by UnhappySupremeCustomer on Jul 12, 2005 01:19 PM

I don't doubt that there will be a line of Nike 'action sports' footwear available from PacSun soon, I just don't think it'll be the Nike SB line. From what I've been told, there's a similar deal in the UK. Our PacSun equivalents have been kicking up a fuss about not being able to stock Nike SB. Hence the 6.0 line.

> To think Nike has any interest in the consumer is completely absurd. They didnt want to flood their market with SB's that way it would be short lived. They realize that there is more profit in more limited production for a longer time while also maintaining their reputation then overflooding the market for a quick profit.

Same money either way.. Just have to decide whether or not to go quick burn big money or slow burn same money longer run. The slow burn exclusive thing keeps the brand as dope as posible.

Nike cares about it's consumer... Just very little.

Again though, who fucking cares? The SB line had a nice run, move on.

-Dub