Tarnishing Silver

BOORADLEY

Depending how tarnished you want it to look, your best bet is 'silver black'. It is a chemical that most jewelry companies specializing in sterling (Chrome Hearts, Royal Order, etc.) use on virtually every piece.

Basically, it is a chemical that will oxidize the silver, turning it a light black, over time it will wear off (can be buffed off easily too if you don't like it), but at the same time the silver will naturally tarnish.

I used it all the time with my jewelry. Really highlights crevices, etc. in pieces.

Here's some info.

http://www.beadshop.com/learnonline/dictionary/metal/silverblack.aspx

why waste your money on silver black?

boil two eggs and discard the whites after cooking.

place the semisolid yolks with the silver piece(s) into a ziploc bag.

mash n' mix em up.

place in fridge overnight to two days.

rinse off silver, hand-buff with cloth, and ta-da... aged silver.

haha thanks guys! if i can find that silver black locally ill grab some, in the mean time ill try the eggs.

ladies pantie soak when they are kissing your neck and catch a wiff of your egg soaked necklace anyways...

Ha hah. You should be able to find it at pretty much any crafts/jewelry/beads store. It is online a ton as well. Search "Griffiths Silver Black."

I've never tried the egg thing; interested to see how it turns out. Mostly, I just like disagreeing with OMC so later on we can have furious hate-buttsecks.........