CHOICES CHOICES CHOICES..LEVIS LVC, LEVIS RED, DIOR HOMME, A.P.C

Westmount

Quote:

didn't you post the same thing this morning? Have you tried any of them on? Buy the one that best fits you.. thats all you need to do.

--- Original message by poly800rock on Jul 6, 2005 12:27 PM

yea but dont want to have it all over the place

so I'm putting in one new thread

nope i havent

i live in toronto so cant really go and try them on

you can't really beat the classic levi 1947, the apc is like a modern version of the '47, being a bit slimmer with a shorter rise. the dior ones are nice a bit slimmer than the APCs. not sure about the REDs - i have the straight version but hardly wear them.

I'd probably say

1.apc for all round style/quality

2.levi 1947 for classic

3.dior for 'fashion'

4.REDs for fourth choice

I am a Levi's RED fan, but I don't really like those ones because they have double pockets in the front and are double thickness on parts of the leg. They would be too hot in the summer. They also aren't raw denim. I say go for APC, they are cheap and fit really well. The levis 47s are nice, but I wore nothing but those for like 4 years so I guess I have moved on.

Carpe Denim!

1112885282366_selvage1_edited.JPG

I don't think anything would look good with those shoes. With Levis red, Levis, and APC avoid bling bling brands because they will clash. It is like all those millions of chicks that wear a LV purse and an Old Navy logo sweater. Wear something simple that isn't logo heavy, or at least a common logo that everyone is comfortable with like Adiddas, or Chuck Taylors, or in my case OKI-NI Adiddas or Marc Jacobs Vans.

Carpe Denim!

1112885282366_selvage1_edited.JPG

i like those guccis, since i have them in green suede.

but dont you think you should develope your own style or at least a certain sense of taste?, so not to ask everybody about every small detail?

i am sorry, no offense, but i think that just giving advice and help is good, but if that makes you a sheep following the rest or anybodys opinion, you will never get a life or a personality yourself.

but maybe thats just me...

yea just want some ideas

i have what i want in mind but want some extra opinion.

anyways here guys

i could get a dior homme jean, not the one i posted, but the color of it is just dark blue

Should I get that out of all those other jeans I suggested because of its brand?

I think it is Japanese, shuttle loom denim, double ring spun and so on...

it has a nice 'fiery' effect like Nudie Straight Sven, which neither the A.P.C. nor the Levis have, but it is subjective whether you want it or not. It probably should cost some U$200, well below their price for distressed denim, and it is better than the latter ones if you want to age them yourself or if you prefer the unwashed 'shiny' look. The fit depends on the bottom leg-opening measurement, if it is 17, 19, 21cm. The bigger the leg-opening, the looser-fitting the jeans, although there pretty slim fitting... if you don't like a slim fit go with Levis, otherwise DH or APC are great either of them.

Geowu, those Dior's are Selvage??? I saw Dry Dior (black) in their store a while ago. They were not selvage. And yes to someone who asked if they were shiny...they are the only dry denim brand I have seen to have the shiny look that APC has. To the original poster -- Of your 4 choices, I think the Dior will be the tightest, EVEN the 19 inch opening so be warned. Those APCs you showed were the New Standards I think. If so, they are not as slim as Dior.