Post your desktops.

seksu!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been messing around with Windows7. So far it seems like Windows Vista, however it requires less resources. This operating system is far from finished however it at least looks promising. Everything that runs in Vista runs in Windows7 except more smoothly, even in this alpha build. Public beta starts in December. Hopefully Windows gets it right this time.

mydesktop.png

KyleFall, can you make the taskbar thinner/smaller anymore or no? Looks a tad big.

For this build of windows7 when you see is what you get. I'm sure as it gets closer to release they will add ways to customize it.

there are alot of Linux users on this page. How's the os and what are you guys running specifically. I'm thinking about switching over to Ubuntu in a few weeks.

Personally I haven't had any problems. If you're pretty good with the internet, you can just search for troubleshooting advice on a forum. I loaded XP on mine to run a few games, but I hate logging onto it. I wish I could just switch completely to Ubuntu, but WINE has to get a bit better first.

I'm running Ubuntu with WindowsXP and Windows7 in virtual box. Love my system.

Ubuntu has a lot of headaches during initial setup but once you've got that all sorted out it's super rewarding.

so this updates real-time? what are you running? LOOKS SICK!

It does. It's Conky. Some information here, and a thread about it on the Ubuntu forums here.

Personally I haven't had any problems. If you're pretty good with the internet, you can just search for troubleshooting advice on a forum. I loaded XP on mine to run a few games, but I hate logging onto it. I wish I could just switch completely to Ubuntu, but WINE has to get a bit better first.

Pretty much the same for me except I'm only running Ubuntu.