Reigning Champ by CYC Design

bapelolol

rtemagiccreigningchamphim7.jpg

Q2: There are so many topics we would want to discuss with you, from being the producer of some of the most thought after Supreme or Alife products, to your own clothing lines such as Wings & Horns. But today we want to concentrate on another line of yours - Reigning Champ. Please tell us where the name comes from?

Reigning Champ basically speaks for itself. We want to be the top dog of sweats so we picked a name that we will have to live up to. It’s like the athlete that is constantly refining his game to maintain or attain top position.

http://highsnobiety.com/features/reigning_champ/index.htm

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is there premium line why are they using ykk zippers instead of Riri or lampo ones :P

Just because it's YKK doesn't mean it's no good. YKK also makes some really amazing high-end zippers that I feel easily rank up with Riri or Lampo. I've seen some Engineered Garment pieces that use them, and they're just as good.

I definitely need to pick up some of their crews, they look great and they're seriously lacking in my wardrobe. Can't wait!

From what I've heard from stockists who will be carrying Reigning Champ, it is in fact the successor to Spruc/W+H, but with a more "street" focus than its predecessors. The pricepoint is lower than Wings&Horns, and this is reflected in the hardware. YKK zippers, even the good ones, are a lot cheaper than Lampo, and you can get dozens of YKKs of the highest grade for one Riri zipper. I'll continue to buy Wings&Horns, but Reigning Champ sounds and looks a little too geared to the AF1 and fitted cap crowd for me.

From what I've heard from stockists who will be carrying Reigning Champ, it is in fact the successor to Spruc/W+H, but with a more "street" focus than its predecessors. The pricepoint is lower than Wings&Horns, and this is reflected in the hardware. YKK zippers, even the good ones, are a lot cheaper than Lampo, and you can get dozens of YKKs of the highest grade for one Riri zipper. I'll continue to buy Wings&Horns, but Reigning Champ sounds and looks a little too geared to the AF1 and fitted cap crowd for me.

Do you happen to know the ballpark price for these? Around 80-100 would be reasonable.