Need a new style.....

cjh

Hi, first post here. Been lurking a bit.

I am starting a new job and I need to add a new style to my collection. the job requiers a more appropriate business look.

Something more like this (I normally wear more Carhartt etc):

Some random pics of what style I am after

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1024/358695568lox3.jpg

Shirt, jacket and pants.......

I have bought some Kenzo Homme shirts that I like. I am 1.79. Any advice on what brands that I can check out at that pricerange? Maybe a bit rough buisness look?

Thanks

Christian

For a business look, I still refer back to GQ mags for ideas or what not. But hey, that's just for me. Others here will probably advocate for a quality suit that provides a slimmer sillhouette (DH, Jill Sander, Raf..).

From personal experience, allow me to recommend Brooks Brothers for quality long lasting dress shirts that look and fit great.

Looking nice from the photo you provided!

For a business look, I still refer back to GQ mags for ideas or what not. But hey, that's just for me. Others here will probably advocate for a quality suit that provides a slimmer sillhouette (DH, Jill Sander, Raf..).

From personal experience, allow me to recommend Brooks Brothers for quality long lasting dress shirts that look and fit great.

Looking nice from the photo you provided!

Thanks

GQ hmm

Just for ref. it is just a random picture to illustrate

tips tips tips..here's my take on this...

• 2 suits - basic black & grey suit (make sure its slim fitting or get it tailored) if you're willing to drop a couple of grand get a dior homme or dolce..if you're in a budget i'm sure you can something at h&m but don't expect good quality though
  • 2 blazers - maybe a houndstooth (for winter) & a linen sports blazer (good for summer)
  • basic tees short/long sleeves (cheapy ones you can get at uniqlo or aa) - get vneck & crewneck ones so you can mix match - try to get blacks, whites, navy, greys, beige red for a touch of playfulness
  • get a couple of slim ties
  • get a nice pair of dress shoes - black and light or dark brown (stick with wingtips or oxfords)
  • get a white/off white chuck taylors or jack purcells
  • get a nice fancy watch - rolex oyster or an IWC or Cartier will do the trick (this is a good investment that you'll have for life)
  • get 5 pairs of nice socks
  • get a nice simple black belt (I'm sure you can get some at banana or club monaco)
  • also get like five slim fitting shirts that you can incorporate to your wardrobe (i recommend steve alan shirts)
  • then of course you need a nice briefcase or messenger bag
    and you're all set...

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 suits - basic black & grey suit (make sure its slim fitting or get it tailored) if you're willing to drop a couple of grand get a dior homme or dolce..if you're in a budget i'm sure you can something at h&m but don't expect good quality though
  • 2 blazers - maybe a houndstooth (for winter) & a linen sports blazer (good for summer)
  • basic tees short/long sleeves (cheapy ones you can get at uniqlo or aa) - get vneck & crewneck ones so you can mix match - try to get blacks, whites, navy, greys, beige red for a touch of playfulness
  • get a nice pair of dress shoes - black and light or dark brown (stick with wingtips or oxfords)
  • get a nice fancy watch - rolex oyster or an IWC or Cartier will do the trick (this is a good investment that you'll have for life)
  • get a nice simple black belt (I'm sure you can get some at banana or club monaco)
  • also get like five slim fitting shirts that you can incorporate to your wardrobe (i recommend steve alan shirts)
    and you're all set...

if I knew how to give +rep, I'd give it.

and you're all set...

can't forget the premium raw denim too...:D