Margiela Store in LA

An exerpt from the APC store opening article on men.style.com....

"The same must be true for Martin Margiela. Next month the reclusive Belgian designer (he famously never gives interviews or allows himself to be photographed) is following his successful West Village boutique with one in Beverly Hills. True to form, the house is secretive about what's planned design-wise. Our prediction: Look for something unique (no two of Margiela's 11 worldwide stores share a common design theme) and expect a fair number of white stitches."

Now this is some cool news! Hopefully this will all go through for the beginning of Fall.

Yeah LA has been getting some nice boutiques however the selection in some of them leaves a bit to be desired since most stores seem to only carry lighter/summer type clothing in their LA stores. It's still difficult trying to find smaller sized stuff though. Now we just need a Uniqlo. Anyone heard any news about an LA store yet?

"Our prediction: Look for something unique (no two of Margiela's 11 worldwide stores share a common design theme) and expect a fair number of white stitches."

Something about those four white stitches that just gets me everytime...

Yeah LA has been getting some nice boutiques however the selection in some of them leaves a bit to be desired since most stores seem to only carry lighter/summer type clothing in their LA stores. It's still difficult trying to find smaller sized stuff though. Now we just need a Uniqlo. Anyone heard any news about an LA store yet?

My thoughts exactly re: both points. LA: it's up and coming!

Uniqlo would be great at the Beverly Center or Century City. I wouldn't mind seeing a Reiss either (even though its overpriced, etc.)

Something about those four white stitches that just gets me everytime...

My thoughts exactly re: both points. LA: it's up and coming!

Uniqlo would be great at the Beverly Center or Century City. I wouldn't mind seeing a Reiss either (even though its overpriced, etc.)

Isn't there a Reiss store on Robertson?

that's awesome!!! now I don't have to fly to NY to check out Margiela's stuff!!

I am not too excited about Margiela since one could find his a wide range of his stuff pretty readily at Barney's or Fred Segal's on Melrose. However, it's still nice to think that designers are thinking more about LA now. I think a lot are seeing pass that whole cliched notion that people in LA only dress in board shorts and Jeans all the time thankfully.