Tokyo superguidance needed! will be awarded.. ;)

dj nibc

Hi!

I've been a fan of this page for a long time since I've been travelling a lot to NYC. Now I'm in Tokyo to do some dj work and want to do some serious shopping. I've purchased the Superguide, but Shibuya and Harajunku are stacked with dots and I don't think I've got enough time to check all the places and would love some hints on those hard to find places and clothing & sneaker stores not to be missed.

(I've also got a huge list of recordsstores to check out so all help with this is much appreciated)

Here are some references of what designers and stores I'm in to..

Alife - NYC

Nom de Guerre - NYC

SSUR - NYC

Name Ribbon - NYC

WoodWood - Copenhagen

Stüssy

Surface To Air

Maharishi

Kim Jones

Carin Wester

Supreme - I've already been to their store in Harajunku though!

-----

I'm deejaying in Tokyo at Le Baron on wednsday 20th of June and The Womb sunday 24th of June. I will sort guestlist if you want to check it out!

Here is my myspace if you want to hear what kind of music I make and play:

http://www.myspace.com/nibc

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards

Fredrik / Dj Nibc

Atmos in Harajuku and all those smaller sneaker / streetwear boutiques

around it.

I was going to say Tokishirazu but a lot of the stuff there may be out of your price range. They always carry interesting collabo items there though.

POV Beams in Daikanyama is a hodge podge of everything but their hard-to-find streetwear selection is pretty good.

PAM flagship in PARCO (shibuya).

Silas Daikanayama just b/c Silas is no longer available outside of japan (they have PAM as well).

Haight Tokyo - Hiphop-ish

Swagger

Whiz / Rebirth (The store is called Lump)

FAT

Uncut Daikanyama (dope)

Bal nakameguro / daikanyama (they have anachrome - crazy awesome denim)

ELT in Nakameguro (official Resonate GDEH retailer - they've been sucking pretty hard though

Undercover Aoyama (cool tees)

UT in harauku (uniqlo tee shirt shop)

Levi's Vintage Collection (only LVC store in the world) in Aoyama

Real Mad Hectic (underneath gravis in harajuku)

X-LARGE (right by hectic, on cat street)

Beams T (daikanyama and harajuku)

Vandalize in harajuku (run by one of the guys who launched undercover)

Nepenthes shibuya (needles, engineered garments = out of the way, not too close to harajuku)

That little complex in daikanayam that has frapbois, porter, POV beams and etc is very cool.

The stores in bold = I recommend.

A lot of up-and-coming / next level elite streetwear labels are in Daikanyama and Nakameguro. The OGs like Hectic and Atmos are in Harajuku.

I omitted neighborhood / BF because they arent real streetwear.

Have fun.

Only other thing Ive got to recommend is the new reedspace store in Aoyama, kinda hard to find, you just keep walking down omotesando past prada,etc, then youll get to where it look like its turning residential at this intersection take a right, then look for a sign, its kind of hidden with a staircase between two buildings.

The girl who works there (hiromi?) is really fucking cool and lived in NY for a number of years so if you dont speak japanese her fluent english could comehandy.

The final home store in Harajuku is also really cool to stop in even though it doesnt seem like it entirely fits into your guidelines.

You're dj'ing at womb? If guestlist equals getting in for free Id be down.

herpsky: thanx a lot for your help, now I will have my hands full tomorrow! (and probably the rest of my stay here too) :)

so-so: Thanks man! I think the guest list will get you in for free, will know for sure tomorrow when I meet the agent who booked me!

peace

/Nibc

thanks guys!

there is an old mix (recorded just before xmas last year) available here:

http://www.nibc.se/xxxmasmix/djnibc_xxxmas.mp3

I will record a new one this summer and post it on myspace!

hey guys!

thanks a lot for all the info, Ive been all over. but there are still a couple of spots Im gonna check out during the weekend and on monday..

These are my favourites so far>

Pov beams and Beams T (bought a bunch of tees and will probably get a pair of sneakers from pov beams)

Tokishirazu was really really cool. I got a pair of nike sneakers, a surface to air tee and a pair of their denim of their own brand..

Silas - got a really really fresh hoodie from PAM. Now I have to find the PAM in Parco today..

And unfortunately all the Kim Jones stuff above the Edge store was sold out :(

Anyone who knows a good place place to find similair sneakers like the ones they have at POV Beams and Tokishirazu?

Also going to check reed space and a bunch of stores I havent checked today..

Regarding the guest list - email me today or tomorrow to nibc "at" trunkfunk "dot" com..

(I need your full name!)

Thanks guys.

Peace

/Nibc

Chapter world (BTW, they have the highest profit-sales area ratio out of all the sneaker boutiques in the world) is a decent option.

The little sneaker boutiques on the same street as head porter carry really sick nikes and vans. There's one joint near the "T" intersection thats right past HP.

It's really cool.

LA avenue in kichijyouji (aka napsize.com) has an extensive selection of insanely rare shoes.

thanks herpsky!

I will check the stores you mentioned! POV Beams had a couple of really nice rebook (a new one with the pump wich Ive never seen before). And Tokishirazu sells the brands u mentioned.

peace

/nibc

ps. I just checked a long thread where you posted a bunch of reviews on this forum.. I will check some of them this weekend as well.. cant seem to find the f.i.l. you mentioned on the superfuture map though! But I got the adress so I guess I will find it some way..

btw. where is chapter world located? cant seem to find it on superfuture..

sorry, nevermind the last post. found their website!