orthopedic insoles

Guest jmatsu

Guest jmatsu

was wondering if anyone else uses them (not just when wearing bigger sizes)...

any recommedations?

i've been using the hard-type birkenstocks for the last 5 years. unfortunatley they're reaching retirement. i also think that i've kind of over-conditioned my feet to their likes. i don't know if this is a bad thing, but i can't wear boots/shoes/sneakers raw daddy anymore.

any cheaper testimonials?

Guest jmatsu
i can't recommend downunders footbeds enough. i don't wear them in dress shoes, but i rotate four or five pairs throughout all my athletic shoes, work boots, etc.

they're very stable without being bulky, they're moderately priced, and they last a really long time.

thanks. which ones do you use?

i use the purple ones in my running shoes, and the green ones in my work and hiking boots. they're quite similar, with the major differences being:

• green is lower volume than purple
  • green uses a synthetic cork padding up front and purple uses a higher impact eva foam

zappos isn't the cheapest place to get them, but with free shipping on orders and returns, it's a zero-risk transaction...

Guest jmatsu
Red Wing makes about 15 varieties for their boots. I have a pair in my 1805s that are fantastic. Great prices as well.

is it a hard or soft sole? thanks...

is it a hard or soft sole? thanks...

They make different kinds. Mine is a soft foam with alot of heel support and virtually no support for the front (can't remember the correct term here) of my foot. I opted for this since my boots were a little tight in the toebox.