My First Designer Handbag

lufc_girl

Get one of the bigger, less logoed Chanel bags. They make plenty of bags the same size as that Chloe bag and they are generally around the same price (I know, my sister and I talked about these exact two designers when she wanted one bag, oh and Marc Jacobs thrown in).

But I agree that the Chanel bag will last longer, in terms of style; It's a rather timeless bag.

I like bagsnob but sometimes her tastes are too classic for me, i.e. boring. as long as i'm young and in college and can dress however I want, i'm gonna go after the funky, fun bags. Think balenciaga moto bags, botkier biancas and chloe bettys.

I'll think about looking classy and elegant when I'm older and/or I start wearing serious clothes to the workplace. Then i'll think about saving up for hermes, valextra and nancy gonzales.

My comment was more towards the op but okay

Bagsnob might work for her since she's leaning towards chanel because its more classic and timeless. Hermes definitely has an older, more refined kinda vibe, no disagreement there but I haven't really seen bagsnob cover hermes extensively.

Which one did you end up getting lufc_girl?

BS has mentioned she has a huge collection of birkins and compares many bags to them.

and even though your comment was directed at the 'op', you're in a public forum so I guess that means that everyone else can throw in their 2 pesos.

i'm really not into designer bags but from what i've seen there's only one Chloe bag that i thought was cool but i don't remember the model. the betty bag is cool too.

i'd pick the chanel one, but in purple.

edit. there is no purple option ha. i would get a chanel type bag like that in purple.

I'd go with Goyard instead, and get it before they raise their price, which is gonna happen pretty soon... :(