Bathing Ape Store in Soho NY.

Kustim

I went to the store about a week ago and purchase my first 2 pairs of Apes. They cost $190 each, i thought apes cost about $250-$300+? Or are those just the snake skin edition? Also the selection wasn't very big upstairs, how often do they restock? And do they every put back out old colors?

P.S. I'm trying to buy the light blue, powder pink, and yellow ones.

"They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, thatz why I look in the mirror every morning and realize how fly I am" -Killa Cam'ron

they restock every few weeks or so, and naw between 180 and 220 is like the normal price for apes at the store, that 300 range is the reseller markup. As I've observed it some old color styles seem to wind up backi in the mix, but not all so the best bet is buying first time around

Good looking b, so basically i'm dead on them pink and blue joints huh....lol

I saw in the window they got a few pairs with like some shark like design coming out. Wonder the price on them.

"They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, thatz why I look in the mirror every morning and realize how fly I am" -Killa Cam'ron

usually when you go in the store is pretty empty. the store is never really stocked, cuz people ask the workers when the next restock is, and they wait in line outside and pretty much empty the store. the shirts retail for around 90+tax. t-shirt queues are about 30 min, hoody restock queues, pssh you could be waiting for an hour or two.

I walked past the London store a month or two ago - clearly on restock day - there were at least a hundred people outside, with only a handful allowed in the shop at one time. When I went past again in the afternoon it was exactly the same. Queuing up to buy £120 trainers? hmmm, not for me.

Quote:

Bape is selling reissues of the same stuff they sold in 99 for double the price to yall suckas.

--- Original message by DaBestSpoona on Jun 21, 2005 06:19 AM

And what do you think Lacoste, Le Tigre and all them are doing smart one? This the retro era......

Lacoste use to cost like $10-$20 dollars i heard.

LOFL

Lacoste NEVER cost 10-20 dollars!

Always been country club.

Always been just a bit pricey (depending on what you consider pricey?).

Now Le Tigre... That was some bullshit ass fake Lacoste/Polo so I have no idea how

they've figured out a way to re-brand that shit?

Same with Hummel sweats. Garbage back in the day so don't try & sell me that

shit at Fred Segal & call it retro!

Basically brands are being bought & re-launched with an embellished history...

Shit Damon Dash bought Pro-Keds.

Bape hasn't the same history though. Kinda hard to "retro" Bape. But yeah, as demand increases,

surely you can re-issue things from 99 & hike the price up. No big deal, just don't buy it...

-Dub

Apes, Tigers, Alligators, they are all rediculously trendy this summer. Bape is an overpriced knockoff brand too so it fits.

Le Tigre was started in 1979 by a man named Helfenbein. He saw President Reagan wearing a Lacoste shirt on TV, sent a box of Le Tigre shirts to the White House, and told Reagan to wear shirts made by Americans. He did it. Instant popularity.

But I have no idea how they re-branded either, and yeah its an American knockoff of the French Lacoste.

• 2 weeks later...