Food is Overrated

fadingblue

Guest jmatsu
Also, if you want you can go ahead and post a pic of u in a komono.

don't write kimono if you can't spell it.

you could also wear an african loin cloth (the ones you use to hunt lions in) or some sort of somalian (if you're really somalian) trad wear if want, but i'd probably still give you a bad review.

http://www.joburg.org.za/2006/sep/sep21_swenka.stm

he lost this fucking competition as well. they're not up on nurave...

it's south africa, give it a decade or two. it took them almost as long to discover

the fine pleasures of a double-breasted vintage Pierre Cardin suit

Guest jmatsu
I also think that jmatsu is overrated. No offense, we just have better trolls now.

does what you think really matter? sorry, but NO. you're a funny looking man that has a funny way of thinking. seriously you've always been sort of a stooge (and i didn't care), it's just that you've been irritating as of late. no offense.

see my post about the $36 hamburger for my opinion on this debacle.

3200 yen, so good.

dsc00502qu4.jpg

but back to the topic at hand. if you think food is overrated you must have missed this thread. http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=25586

sorry...this may be condescending, but you're young, seem alittle uncultured/uncoothe , and probably are of limited financial means, right (correct me if i'm wrong)? "being young and getting expensive food is even more snobbish than buying expensive jeans..." for some of the sufu members/or other people who come from more affluent upbringings this is just a way of life. i really don't see how you can criticize young people for wanting to eat expensive food if infact that food is of a quality that legitimizes it's pricetag and if this is of their normal habits. no young kid is going to spontaneously have a change of heart (palate) and one day prefer patte (which is actually not even considered gourmet in other countries) to a quarterpounder. this ismost likely due to what is introduced to them by their parents/families.

i really don't see the point of the "middle of the road restaurants." if you mean family diners such as chilis, olive garden and such i feel for you. you might as well just eat at a fast food chain. you're basically getting the same shit at a higher price plus have to tip (well in the west you do...). the interior ambiance can't be that much superior, can it? anyway i am generalizing, but i would suggest trying all kinds of cuisines, then making the comparisons.

i firmly stand by that saying of "you get what you pay for."

im not saying my parents cant afford to pay for a nice meal for me, im saying that one shouldnt feel cultured and hotshit because your parents have good taste in food and you happen to go to nice restaurants with them.

my post isnt directed to people who have economic independence and are old enough to have gastronomy as one of their hobbies. To me young people discussing fine food is almost as ridiculous if they were discussing wine.

thats my opinion though

but people should know the difference between good food and mediocre/bad food at the earliest possible age because alot of life-long eating habits are developed early in life and acquired from ones parents

I myself rarely eat fast food (if i do its something like qdoba/panera not McD or BK), but my sister does more often, and used to at least 3 or 4 times a week a few years ago and is more of a junk food eater than the rest of my family... anyway, she was watching a friend of hers kid who is like 6 years old and already pretty obese, and my sis was saying how this kids mother basically lets her eat what and how much she wants when she wants. So i asked my sister, knowing she isn't the healthiest eater, if once she had a child she would change her eating habits, i.e. get fast food much less frequently, so that the child wouldn't develop unhealthy eating habits and grow up obese. and she said definately would.

Point is, if parents took more consideration of how diet may affect the health of their child, even if its 30+ years down the road, maybe we wouldn't have this miuch of a problem with sky-rocketing obesity rates.

Also, i believe that alot of the problem is that in our economic environment food has been de-valued to an absurd degree, so that now so many people are conditioned to seek out inexpensive food.. and then in turn manufactures need to find ways to make it even cheaper so they can undersell their competitors, which is the reason for the proliferation of the use of hydrogenated oils, corn syrups, preservatives,etc which lead to a generally unhealthy population.

food is one of the most essential parts of existence/survival and food should be somewhat expensive to grow/produce/transport/etc and should be priced and factored into ones budget accordingly.

i didn't know that philipino chicken abortions were overrated or expensive.

duck abortions thank you

independency

lol

also

since my first part time job id say at least a third of my disposable income has gone towards food and wine

its all about what you like

spend money on what makes you happy

Guest jmatsu
im not saying my parents cant afford to pay for a nice meal for me, im saying that one shouldnt feel cultured and hotshit because your parents have good taste in food and you happen to go to nice restaurants with them.

my post isnt directed to people who have economic independency and are old enough to have gastronomy as one of their hobbies. To me young people discussing fine food is almost as ridiculous if they were discussing wine.

thats my opinion though

it's really an issue of food egoism vs. food enthusiasm. i don't know enough of the characters you socialize with or of the actual situations/conversations (which apparently compelled you to produce this thread). maybe they shouldn't feel that they are as you put it "hotshit," but fortunate. i gather you just dislike the attitudes...

"to me young people discussing fine food is almost as ridiulous if they were discussing wine." i know a couple of young primary school europeans that drink and discuss wine. i'm just saying that what may seem absurd to you, may be orthodox for other people.