Psytrance/Full-On/Progressive

Heartworm

There's been a lot of hype around neo-rave and all that stuff lately, but "raves" have been going on for decades outside the mainstream. Is anyone into the whole psytrance scene?

The first video was taken by me and my friend at an illegal forest party in Denmark... Second is one of my favorite artists, Rinkadink, performing at a festival in 04.

happy hardcore is fucking ridiculous... It makes the entire edm genre look like a joke. I have a lot of respect for the psytrance movement, but can't say i've ever been to a free party or anything and actually "experienced it".

Don't hate on happy hardcore, shit is mad good. You gotta understand where they're coming from.

Psytrance was my shit around grade 11. It's good but...it's rather ridiculous music. I don't live in any of the hotspots, so what's the point of listening out of context? I think I'm going to plus rep Itsmejt.

Japanese trance and tech sounds like something that should be good, but it's always fail to me. Eurobeat and house-style J-pop is win...often times the line between eurobeat and happycore is small; "Darkmoon Fighter" by Dee Dee Wonder always comes to mind.

Forest psytrance/goa raves were some of the most decadent events I've attended.....the mix of hallucinogens/nighttime/no law enforcement for miles and miles and the big scary/friendly forest make for some seriously interesting experience.

Haha, shoot, this is what I listen to all day. I was very interested in Psytrance back in the days, did some research and found it interesting how it started in India/GOA. Then it just got boring and I believe I moved on to Japanese Gabba, and Japanese everything. Sooner later, I discover Happy Hardcore, then, here I am now, DJing Happy Hardcore and trying to learn how to produce it. My interest in Psytrance has somewhat started up again, I like the sound of it. But, the thing with it is, I think, there's not much melody to it, like HH does. Guess you need to be on some crazy shit to really enjoy it. haha.

Before all this... I was listening to trance, Paul Van Dyk, Tiesto. Japan showed me the hard side of Electronica.

Japanese trance and tech sounds like something that should be good, but it's always fail to me. Eurobeat and house-style J-pop is win...often times the line between eurobeat and happycore is small; "Darkmoon Fighter" by Dee Dee Wonder always comes to mind.

They often take it too far IMO (the japanese that is) but the label Phreex Networx has released some pretty good stuff... Especially the Phenix compilation is awesome.

The label that releases the illest shit at the moment is definately Parvati Records. http://www.parvati-records.com/... The Psy Stories 1-3 rock, especially the Psilo Cowboys track "Sneaky Vibes" on no. 2. I heard Derango, Dronebixie and Guiseppe (the founder of Parvati) play at a party last saturday, second to none...

Btw. it's Dronebixie playing in the first video I posted... IIRC.

Ah, I'm into the really hard stuff as well, speedcore is freaking awesome. I'm into the Japanese speedcore and terror, makina, etc... such as, m1dy, killingscum (expiermental group).

And, this track right here, is fucking anthem, waiting for it to drop anytime soon...

9vSOlIT4RBQ

Guest itsmeJT
anyone into speedcore?

terrorist kris, the speedfreak, interrupt vector, tomash gee....

you've always got to pretentious...

cut your damn hair

I liked speedcore for like 2 weeks when I was in HS. I didn't like the music as much as the concept tbh but there is something cool about goinig that fast.

I just realized that it makes it seem like I'm calling speedcore juvenile. I don't think it is, just happened to listen to more music thne.