HARDCORE SAVED MY LIFE

On Saturday I went to two shows. First was Strength for a Reason, Dead and Buried, and Barricade. Mediocre turnout, but all the bands killed it and were hard as hell. Second show, Forfeit played with a bunch of shitty locals. We got there late so we didn't sit through any garbage, Forfeit started playing when we walked through the door. Forfeit is seriously fucking awesome and I can't believe I didnt give more attention to the EP before that show. We tried to go to their show in Romeo the next day, but missed it so we just hung out in Toledo (BWF dudes are hilarious, look out for Wrecking Ball!!!).

Strength for a Reason/Cold World split 7" soon, pick that shit up!

Forfeit is playing the Superbowl of Hardcore, check em out.

forfeit are one of the best bands doing it right now. their demo and the visions ep are wild

and i know i'll probably get crucified for this, but 90% of nyhc does nothign for me

i don't like the cro mags (but i loved jjs book haha), i don't like crown of thornz, madball, leeway... none of it does anything for me

i understand and respect the significance and im sure at the time it was amazing but i have no interest in seeing any of them play a reunion or even listening to their music

however on the topic of reunions i saw fear play a couple weeks ago and it ruled

and i know i'll probably get crucified for this, but 90% of nyhc does nothign for me

i don't like the cro mags (but i loved jjs book haha), i don't like crown of thornz, madball, leeway... none of it does anything for me

i understand and respect the significance and im sure at the time it was amazing but i have no interest in seeing any of them play a reunion or even listening to their music

I hear you...and almost 100% agree...but I can't hate on Leeway nor the Cro Mags.

Leeway: They weren't nearly as DUMB (as in intellectually challenged and caught up in silly ass subcultural politics based on segregating through "crew unity") as the cats they usually played with. I dunno...maybe it's cause they were one of the first bands I got put onto...maybe it's cause I hear a little later-era Bad Brains in their sound...maybe it's cause Eddie is closer to a scrawny, hyper kid (even at 40) than some inkfreak jock monster...but they are one of the only breakdown heavy, yo yo yo, nyhc bands that I can stomach...even thoroughly enjoy the rap'ier "Kingpin" and "Catholic Girls" to sing along everytime.

Not into Harley's character at all...but the demo and AOQ is ill.

Never was a fan of Agnostic Front...but Vinny Stigma is a dude I'd like to drink and shoot the shit with.

SOIA, Crown Of Thornz, 25 Ta Life, Skarhead, VOD, and all that type shit...keep that.

Absolution, please.

superbowl of hardcore has one good band playing.

not wasting my money on that sheeeeee

but I will attend trapped under ice, terror, crime in stereo, madball, this is hell 7/10 yessssssssssssss.

I like all the stuff you don't like, but I definitely listen to Open Mouth Kiss more than Born To Expire.

Also, would LOVE to see Crown of Thornz.

Anyone know anything about the Supertouch shows?

I hear you...and almost 100% agree...but I can't hate on Leeway nor the Cro Mags.

Leeway: They weren't nearly as DUMB (as in intellectually challenged and caught up in silly ass subcultural politics based on segregating through "crew unity") as the cats they usually played with. I dunno...maybe it's cause they were one of the first bands I got put onto...maybe it's cause I hear a little later-era Bad Brains in their sound...maybe it's cause Eddie is closer to a scrawny, hyper kid (even at 40) than some inkfreak jock monster...but they are one of the only breakdown heavy, yo yo yo, nyhc bands that I can stomach...even thoroughly enjoy the rap'ier "Kingpin" and "Catholic Girls" to sing along everytime.

Not into Harley's character at all...but the demo and AOQ is ill.

Never was a fan of Agnostic Front...but Vinny Stigma is a dude I'd like to drink and shoot the shit with.

SOIA, Crown Of Thornz, 25 Ta Life, Skarhead, VOD, and all that type shit...keep that.

Absolution, please.

What is "Hornet's Nest" on...if Open Mouth Kiss is their 4th album...yeah I likey. Wouldn't say I prefer it over the first two LP's...but I really really really like "Hornet's Nest"... like really really.

And you're just a hardcore junkie maaaan...a frickin' junkie.

I like all the stuff you don't like, but I definitely listen to Open Mouth Kiss more than Born To Expire.

Also, would LOVE to see Crown of Thornz.

Anyone know anything about the Supertouch shows?

supertouch and negative approach are apparently playing here in july i think.

semi related i have listened to this a lot lately.

well since bobbyhundres started this thread i should share this

its stuff with the hundreds, flying coffin, and benny gold

the-hundreds-hardcore-series-4-540x360.jpg

the-hundreds-hardcore-series-1-540x360.jpg

the-hundreds-hardcore-series-5-540x360.jpg

the-hundreds-hardcore-series-3-540x360.jpg

not sure how i feel about this stuff

kinda like the chain tee but thats it

and gold did a bad job of drawing the gb gorilla