ACR - 3A-5TS Einsatztasche

Crillz

So I've decided that this will probably be my next bag -- but I have two problems that I'd like to tap the vast resource of knowlege that is SuFu to solve. First, I've never owned anything by ACR; I've felt their jackets in person, and they seem to be good shit, and, obviously, from the response here, they really are. But are the bags on par? Is this really a $400 bag, or will I be paying out the ass for the ACR name?

Next problem: stockists. I'm not sure if this is a seasonal thing, and if they'll restock or not, but the Glade (the only ones I know to be offering it as of now), only have white left (ugh), and I feel like I'll probably be raped on shipping. Anyone know if they'll eventually re-release them to replenish the normal stockists, or even better, where I can find a BLACK one right now?

Discussion welcome!

Cheers

Yeah, I did notice Felix's post, asked him about it in the WAYWT thread, but either he didn't notice (or I didn't notice his response :)), so I decided just to fuck all and make a thread. As for your latter point, it's a good one. I just want to make sure I can justify the price beyond pure aesthetics.

(oh right, and no offence felix, didn't mean to imply your white version was ugly, it just would not work for me at all)

i dont own a boat load of acr but from my few products of acr all i can say is that its definitely worth the money. i have a shell from their first season (prolly their most lowtech) season as they seem to upgrade their models each relase.. and all i can say is that this shell is most definitely one of my best buys ever...

functionality, style, durability its all there.

Gracias all, funny part is I looked over Hanon shop, I guess I just missed it? Eh, well, I'm gonna try and get my hands on it within the next month, so I'll post pictures and specs when I do, if anyone's interested.

All Acronym products are terribly overpriced, yet somehow worth the price. It's a paradox. If you can deal with paying $450 for a techy messenger bag, then you will be very, very, very happy with the bag.

And you'll look just like John Mayer!!

the bags are definately nice and they function extremely well. I had a 3A-3TS and sold it only because I couldn't fit my laptop in it. after that I've worn several messenger bags and none seem to fit on your back as well as the acronym one. the construction, quality and design on them seems flawless.

what goes for the 5TS, I've been wanting to get one but its HUGE, so haven't been sure about it.

oh and personally (look-wise) I like the Limonta fabric on the black one more than the Cordura. the limonta one seems to have a more "waxed" look to it whereas the cordura looks like basic thick nylon.

ohh crillz sorry i didnt notice your post....

to your questions:

i don't know any stockists right now besides the Glade that stock that bag...and like you said only white left..

to the"is it worth" question:

so i really like that bag..design is awesome imo..function is ok

the bag isn't that special regarding the functions...it's not like the jackets where you need to play around with it for 2 weeks to figure out how the fuck the "superman exit" works :)

what i don't like about the bag is the comfort... if you put a lot of stuff in it your carring comfort suffers imo

i also do have a headporter bag and a timbuk 2 messenger and they are much better to put lots of stuff in them..especially the timbuk ( and retail is only around 100$...)

so here are two pics i took and posted in recent purchases a while ago

if you need more info pm me!

i could also call the Glade for you to ask if they restock the bags....

261490046_5606c610d4.jpg

261490044_6959386525.jpg

261490042_8381bcb9e0.jpg

the ACR - 3A-5TS Einsatztasche is really big and if you want to upgrade it you'll pay at least another 200$....

that model should be more comfy cause it has a wider strap and a "real" messsenger strap system

dont know if that helps :)

i wanted to get the bigger one as well but without the additional bags i dont really like it + it'll be so huge!!

I have the 3TS and the 5TS.

The bag itself is a custom-made bagjack model, with TecSys webbing on the front, and Mil-Spec fasteners on the main compartment (same as the smaller pockets on the 3A-1)

I have the black Limonta model, apparently (according to the guys at the Glade) "nicer" and more durable than the Cordura one.

The inside of the bag is actually a heavy-duty waterproof liner that attaches to the sides of the outside shell with velcro, and has a small zip compartment at the front. If you have a look at bagjack.com, you can see how it works; you can add extra compartments, padding etc. if you like.

You won't really need any of the other 3rd Arm add-on pockets, because the bag is gigantic (I can fit a MacBook Pro in a sleeve, camera + 2 extra lenses, a few books, legal pads, pencil case, a jacket etc, and there's still loads of room.)

As per usual, I'd post pics, but I shoot film, so...

I think the glade can special order the color and material combination you want if you email them. I just got the 5TS in cordura black from hannon, but I'm thinking of getting a grey limonta from the glade. Anyone gots any insights on the differences between the cordura and the limonta?

• 1 month later...

I am looking for the 3A-1 Einsatztasche in Black / Limonta. You can see it HERE.

I sent the Glade an email as suggested but they said that they only have the stock displayed on their site (which is the white Cordura). Anyone know somewhere I else I can find this bag? I also checked Hanon but they had no stock. Help?

Hideout in London has had several models in the past, but I have no idea of stock. they probably dont have them up on the website so you'd need to give them a call or have someone check it out.

Thanks Mike - I sent them an email but haven't heard back from them. I did, however, get another message back from The Glade and they said that they would be getting more of the bag I am looking for in October. I suppose that gives me time to put money away for it.