Prps

I love when people use the word Urban to describe a brand. You sound like some midtown shitbag typing up a new marketing report for your clueless white boss.

"How in heck can we reach those damn elusive street kids? And those...neegras?"

"Well, you have to take a more URBAN approach, give it some STREET flair. Here, try listening to this Ludacris CD...it's the newest Urban music."

~multiflavored RodLavers~

http://abelnyc.com

ALPHA/BRAVO/ECHO/LIMA

abel - i think he got the point across in a fairly succinct manner. i get it and i'm sure others who read that description will get it as well. what's your beef man? no need for personal attacks here. if you have a better description, let's hear it.

"God is Dead" - Neitzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Neitzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

actually, you're right. the description he uses is quite effective, and concise to boot.

but for humor's sake, man! i don't have a 'beef,' nor am i 'attacking' so take it easy, babysitter. are we not allowed to poke fun at our fellow posters' verbiage, via OPINIONS? I'm sure when you describe your style, you refer to it as "Wholly urban, mates...veritably street and ALways urban. Ahem." (sips tea) see? sounds MAD corny.

Better description for AKDMKS? ok, let's try...Failed attempt at coffee shop/educated thug brand.

Lighten up brother...

Ericpnyc: welcome to Superfuture. watch out for sensitive fashionistas.

ALPHA/BRAVO/ECHO/LIMA

calling someone a "midtown shitbag" well qualifies for an attack, but i'm sure the guy can defend himself if he so chooses.

while we're here for humor's sake, i "get" your reply without those "quotes". no need to be dramatic. and i "ain't" your "brother". cheers, mates.

screw you ABELnyc. I work in "MIDTOWN" a block away from the empire state bldg where AKADEMIKS has there office & about 3 blocks from where DR.JAYS "the URBAN fashion leader since 1975" has a huge store so does that make THEM "MIDTOWN SHITBAGS" too? Who do you think you are? It's URBAN clothing. Not SUBURBAN, not BLACK, not NEEEGRO. Sounds like you have issues dude

for better or worse, "urban" is actually the classification used within the apparel industry. unfortunately, there's little distinction in classifications, so prps ends up in the same category as rocawear half the time even if they're leagues apart. calling it a boutique brand, is almost worse though i've heard it described as such many times.

Quote:

screw you ABELnyc. I work in "MIDTOWN" a block away from the empire state bldg where AKADEMIKS has there office & about 3 blocks from where DR.JAYS "the URBAN fashion leader since 1975" has a huge store so does that make THEM "MIDTOWN SHITBAGS" too? Who do you think you are? It's URBAN clothing. Not SUBURBAN, not BLACK, not NEEEGRO. Sounds like you have issues dude

--- Original message by ericpnyc on Jun 13, 2005 03:37 PM

HAHAAAAA!!!!

after all of that, and you DO work in MIDTOWN! What am I, psychic? Thank you so much, you just made my day.

ALPHA/BRAVO/ECHO/LIMA

Quote:

PRPS is a premium brand started & owned by the people who started & own AKADEMIKS. AKADEMIKS is an American urban brand. If you look at some of their old hangtags you can see the Akademiks logo in the corner.

--- Original message by ericpnyc on Jun 13, 2005 08:22 AM

ah right .

cheers.

do they not have any official links online then no?

Time spent wishing...is time wasted

It's not Japanese. It's American. They use denim from japan & certain countries in Africa & they manufacture some styles in Japan. It's not an urban brand. I was refering to their first brand Akademiks when I used the term urban. PRPS has nothing to do with ROCAWEAR. ROCAWEAR is as urban as it gets though.

ABLEnyc, you're such a loser. If you knew anything you'd know that urban is just an industry term for a genre of clothing that reflects a lifestyle. For the most part the surviving urban brands today were formed by black people. Maybe they should have chosen a different word for what they were doing but it is what it is. Black people & white people alike buy & wear urban clothes. Before the 90s that genre of clothing was called Ethnic. Would Ethnic make you feel any better or are you still angry? Or should it be called Hip hop clothing? Let me ask you a question. Is Puffy a midtown shithead for launching "BAD BOY LATINO"? After all he wants to market his clothes to the ever growing Latino-American community. Maybe he gathered all his people around him in his midown offices and said something like...

"How in heck can we reach those damn elusive latino kids? And those...boriquas?"

"Well, you have to take a more Latino approach, give it some salsa flair. Here, try listening to this Tego Calderon CD...it's the newest Latin music."

Look bro, if you don't like being marketed to then throw away your white airforce 1s & stop acting like everybody else. Either way your an angry loser.

come on guys, let's show some restraint with the name calling. if you disagree with an opinion, show your proof to the contrary. if it makes sense, we'll listen. this is going nowhere with calling each other losers and shitbags. truce! let's all go have a pint and chill out.