The official "I hate Lydia Lunch" thread.

keagan

There are so many reasons why I hate this woman- it's impossible to even think of them all. After 81'ish- every recorded word that has ever come out of her mouth has given me another reason to hate her even more.

EXCEPT THIS;

9IJ1ZMMk8l0

(92')

She is so fucking repetitive- I honestly don't know how many different times i've heard her use the phrase "the war is just a(n) orgy".

She never gives credit where it's due- every interview I've every seen/heard/read with her and Sonic Youth is brought up she says they're nothing and haven't made a decent record in 10 years... But Thurston is cute?

If it weren't for Sonic Youth she would (

) be dead or just a unknown fucking waste of space.

But don't get me wrong I am a huge fan of TJATJ- aside from DNA, probably my favorite band from the whole no wave ordeal.

Discuss?

ok so

lydia lunch spoken word sucks

lydia lunch music is hit or miss

BUT

Queen of Siam

and

are fucking classic.

otherwise, feel free to hate.

EDIT: also, the Widowspeak 2CD was a very well rounded representation of her good work, as opposed to her bad.

fuck her. she was always insincere and a hanger on. she's a fucking vampire and helped kill the no-wave scene. she name drops SY and their contemporaries every 5 minutes thinking it will give her more cred. legs mcneil threw a bottle at her in CBGB's back in the 80's. i wish it had hit.

• 1 month later...