J. Lindeberg Denim

john11f

Any thoughts on this Swedish brand? Are they're line of jeans compete with the likes of other top brands? Which are they most compared with? I heard that they are in the category of diesel jeans. Would Rogan, APC, Rag & Bone better in your opinion?

I particularly like the DOGGE advanced relaxed bluetones denim

Thanks!

i dunno about the denim but i like their sportswear, like polos, tees, sweatshirts, jackets.

also his evening wardrobe is nice and chic. nice shirts, suits, belts.

he used to be designer at diesel. he owns his own label since late 90s i think.

it has a couple lines, i like his stuff.

Nice stuff but a lot of the sportswear is REALLY played, especially the belts. The collection stuff is where it's at. Nice stuff with a rock inspired feel. Suits, coats and jackets are the labels forte. The jeans are decent enough, seems like they finally added a few different cuts. The bondage pants they did awhile back were pretty cool, and their slim fitting jeans fit quite well if you're on the tall side.

Edited by Circa on Jun 6, 2005 at 10:05 AM

Tiger and JL getting all the attention while Whyred is the best swedish brand out there! Filippa K also got good basic tees and nice slim (and quite cheap suits). Other brands like The Stray Boys and Nakkna also OK. But Lindberg and Tiger, me not like

Most swedish brands are pretty low quality, JL, Tiger and Filippa K included. I wouldn't know about whyred since I don't own any clothes from them. If you're looking for nice swedish denim go Julian Red, Nudie or Vailent. If you're looking for nice quality tees and sweats, look somewhere else.

john11f:

I would definitely choose APC or R&B over Lindeberg. Altho Lindeberg do make some pretty nice washes. Try them on and see what fits you better and go with that.

Thanks for all your inputs. I've finally decided to APC new standard based on the fit when I tried both on. Is it true that APCs will shrink after you initially soak them? I wear a waist size 34 and when I fit a size 33, it fits me well. But the owner told me that they will soak it for me initially and told me to go for the 34 (even if it is 2-3 inches bigger than 34". He claims that it will shrink after soaking. If not, he will give me the size 33. I guess he know what he's talking about.

Any comments from the APC experts? Thanks in advance!