Midwest Chicago Meetup

corned beef

is everyone interested in going over 21?

EDIT: Since the suggestion that this meetup result, perhaps, in something productive like augmenting the Superfuture supercities guide to Chicago, I'd just like to drop a link to Chicagoist's guide to Chicago as a potential resource or starting point for discussion.

http://chicagoist.com/uploads/chicagoist_guide_to_chicago_072706.pdf

blah. :/

unfortunately I'm just an 18 year old kid, but don't let that stop you guys from planning whatever you want, i'll manage something

This city is unfriendly for -21 recreation. I was so happy when I got old enough, so I could keep doing the same shit guiltlessly, instead of feeling like I was being kept down by the man. This should probably be linked over to the lost Levis WP thread. I think I'll do that now.

Linked.

EDIT: Since the suggestion that this meetup result, perhaps, in something productive like augmenting the Superfuture supercities guide to Chicago, I'd just like to drop a link to Chicagoist's guide to Chicago as a potential resource or starting point for discussion.

http://chicagoist.com/uploads/chicagoist_guide_to_chicago_072706.pdf

I know I'm in trouble, because I can't tell who this guide is aimed at. I'm trying to make some composite from what they've listed, but I can't get it. It could just be a little sloppy for Wicker Park, or made by someone who doesn't want their favorite spots overrun.

I'm going to be incredibly busy for the next three weeks, but after that I'd probably have more time to work down the list.

Booze, talking, and eating, all go together at Piece. The bonus is that their beer is great. I don't know that Piece really needs to have much more said about it that I shouldn't just throw in the SuFu WP guide-- It may be too much to list restaurants too.

If that's not classy enough a hangout for you, I always thought Debonaire looked like a place to plan clandestine meetings. Filter will be packed until it closes, but if you're all comitted to bars then I don't have much to contribute; no nightlife for me lately.

GL kids.

CA clipper?no thanks,i hated goin over there even when i was dating a girl that lived a block away...why not rodan or somethin?they only card after 10 or somethin...and wasabi french fries are fuckin awesome..........or a cafe,only a short time to enjoy filter,if only jinx were still around...

rodan might be a nice place for a meetup. has anyone ever been to kingston mines on halsted. great live music and cheap drinks. plus, it shouldn't be too much of a hassle getting corned beef and any other sub-21ers inside.

Yep, music and booze are both nice.

Holy shit though, from the post series I realized how vastly different the few posters are. How do other places manage to pull these off?

I'm leaving the 2nd week of June so I'd like to be able to do this before then. How are saturdays looking for y'all? And how about a quick roll call of anyone who might be interested. It doesn't need to be some big organized event as seen in the other NY and SF meetups. Could be just a few of us hanging around, getting some yummy food. I'll take portraits or group photos too.

• 2 weeks later...

I am 100% down for a meetup next Fall as I will be matriculating in your glorious city!

Corned Beef: Why are the Roots, Cake and Lupe coming to Northwestern? I might be interested in coming out. I'm sure we can have more fun than the folks in the Gay Bay.

it's for this yearly concert the school puts on called Dillo Day. It already happened on saturday though,but it was a huge dissappointment due to the rain and shitty weather. What was supposed to be an outdoor show for about 8000 kids turned into an indoor gym show for 1600. Best part is that you had to leave the gym in order to go to the bathroom and had to wait back in line just to get back in. Horrible organization on behalf of the school. At least I was pleasantly intoxicated for most of the day.

• 1 month later...