i have no idea

im at a college devoid of culture

where i feel like im not a person but rather an object

where my education seems to come second to actual work assigned

and i'm saying wtf, while everyone is saying "go with the flow"

i feel like a total black sheep

i wander around the campus

and people ask my why i didn't call or text or let them know what i was doing

because i feel no connection to anyone here, however they seem to feel a connection to me

so i dunno

this place is nice

but i don't know if i could do 4 years.

wow...it's like you went into my head and decided to post exactly how i felt about my own college life...i hate UCI

give them a chance. alot of my friends don't like the same clothes or music. its okay.

embrace corny white girls. staten island is the capital. and everyone has underage drinking and pre-marital sex in common. you can always find common interests.

i have no idea

because i feel no connection to anyone here, however they seem to feel a connection to me

so i dunno

this place is nice

wow...it's like you went into my head and decided to post exactly how i felt about my own college life...i hate UCI

:( du i'm moving in in a few days. i hope it won't be like that for me. i really doubt that UCI is "devoid of culture". maybe you're not trying? everyone i've heard from says UCI is boring unless you get off your ass a little.

what I've done: (in order)

graduated from high school in May

worked/partied/slept

what I'm doing: (in order)

just now applying to college (literally I'm doing my essay as I type this)

hopefully I get in if not I'm moving to NYC anyways

what I want to do: (in order)

make clothes

fuck models

make money

pop out a kid or two

if life goes to plan then i will have died a happy man

:( du i'm moving in in a few days. i hope it won't be like that for me. i really doubt that UCI is "devoid of culture". maybe you're not trying? everyone i've heard from says UCI is boring unless you get off your ass a little.

Isn't half of sufu from UCI..? At least it seems so from that college thread.

as for me I'm doing the college thing now, with an internship on the side, but I'll hopefully transfer out this year.

^^you should. i fucked around my senior year as in i had early release so i went to school for 3 hours a day. i missed all the senior deadlines never went to school events (games, prom etc.) and i didn't do my SAT's. bascially my senior year was a drunken/lazy blur that i regret now.

ohh yea and get as much ass as you can. don't worry about being a douchebag cause chances are in 8 months you wouldn't have to see them again for another 10 years.

I'll either be taking classes or self-learning the language during university and will move to China after my course to teach English. Will probably stay there for 6 months to a year. Hopefully becoming as fluent as possible, depending on how lazy I am.

teaching English to the Chinese =/= them teaching Chinese to the English. Most English teachers in Asia never have the time, and most quickly lose any desire to learn the language of the country after getting there and starting work, unless it's an Asiaphile trying to bring up the skills set.

I guess I'm old, but regarding the first post's "health, wealth and relationships"... fuck wealth. Health and relationships, agreed. Money's only important up to the point that you get by without worrying about getting by. After that, moneys very unimportant. Trust me. Wealth and happiness rearely goes hand in hand.

Well... My plans for the future reach into the next 3 1/2 - 4 years. I'm about to begin an undergraduate law degree course at a decent university. I'm a white boy who spent the majority of his childhood in Singapore, I learnt mandarin there and continued learning when I moved to the UK about 4 years ago.

SAS, ISS, or UWC?

wtf AM i doing with my life?

shit... never went to college. got 2 kids. single. been working in construction for 8 years and have moved up the ranks pretty fucking quick... the people who work under me have much more experience and are at least 10 years older than me. making pretty good money for where i live and not having a degree, and the company i work for has pretty much gaurenteed that i will have a job with them as long as i want to work for them. i get to skate every day, drink every day, meet girls... shit... im living life and enjoying the fuck out of it. im not making 6 figures a year, but i really dont care... as long as i have enough money to pay my bills, eat food every day, have a little bit of smoke and a little bit of beer, and a skateboard to ride, im happy.

teaching English to the Chinese =/= them teaching Chinese to the English. Most English teachers in Asia never have the time, and most quickly lose any desire to learn the language of the country after getting there and starting work, unless it's an Asiaphile trying to bring up the skills set.

I agree to some extent.

But surely when im immersed in the culture blah blah blah it should do me some good. I've also read about some offers that include free mandarin classes.

i have no idea

so i dunno

this place is nice

do you go to wagner?

yeah, we been doing all that shit. give and go. he's really good. not to sound racist in any way but he's the only white boy who can keep up and outrun all the kids on his very competitive team. he pitches too, but i'm kinda hoping he sticks with bball.

good. natural athleticism combined with the drive to actually succeed is probably the only thing that separates kids who just play from kids who want to take it to the next level. I regret not taking instruction when I was younger, but I have the same sort of natural ability as you're talking about, and look at me now, just got a walk-on spot on a D3 tennis team.

sorry du,

give them a chance. alot of my friends don't like the same clothes or music. its okay.

embrace corny white girls. staten island is the capital. and everyone has underage drinking and pre-marital sex in common. you can always find common interests.

ehhh, you can only handle so much

do you go to wagner?

Isn't this common knowledge by now

wtf AM i doing with my life?

shit... never went to college. got 2 kids. single. been working in construction for 8 years and have moved up the ranks pretty fucking quick... the people who work under me have much more experience and are at least 10 years older than me. making pretty good money for where i live and not having a degree, and the company i work for has pretty much gaurenteed that i will have a job with them as long as i want to work for them. i get to skate every day, drink every day, meet girls... shit... im living life and enjoying the fuck out of it. im not making 6 figures a year, but i really dont care... as long as i have enough money to pay my bills, eat food every day, have a little bit of smoke and a little bit of beer, and a skateboard to ride, im happy.

You are the white trash Djrajio.

I wish i knew. I'll have my master's in education by summer. Maybe find an interesting city (nyc, boston, chicago, seattle, sf, la) and go teach there a few years? Maybe get a doctorate in education? Maybe get a master's in history? What's the point? I dunno

I'm going to school right now to get my BBA and then my masters in Entrepreurial Management. I plan on working in green development/re-development and owning a few restaurants. The way I see it, I'm not going to make much money, but I'll love what I'm doing. My life pretty much revolves around making sure that my g/f and kids are happy. Currently I bartend, serve and build computers to pay bills. Three jobs and full-time school with kids in the mix is not as crazy as you'd be led to believe.

hum... let's see

graduated from college with a BA in Finance. Luckily got to go to Sweden to visit family and friends for a couple months afterwards. After that I fucked around for 3-4 month, moved to the mountains and skied all winter while landing a dirt ass manager job in this shithole. Was planning on that being a temporary job, but asked for a 4-6k a yr promotion and got it so I'm enjoying spending the money too much to quit. Been there 11 mo now, was able to transfer out of the mountains back into the "city" where I went to school so I know everyone and hate most of them. Trying to stay out of trouble and drugs (exp weed and alc, of course) so I stay mostly at home when I'm not working. Live with my hella fine gf who bugs the shit out of me but her mom pays a bunch of our rent so I have more money to buy jeans with. I'm banking on a promotion that'll make me the youngest district manager in our company and doubling my salary.

until then I'm just paying off as many bills as I can trying to hit a 750 FICO by the time the money rolls around so I can really start ballin :) hope to flip a few houses and hopefully get a real estate development company going for myself. We'll see what the future holds though, just taking it one day at a time trying to make the best of every day while still having something in target for the future.

damn that was long. sorry

sorry ock i don't follow your posting to closely.

anyway, i was going to tell you, having gone to what sounds like a similar college environment, except mine was in long island, some of my tightest friends came from that experience because it felt like we all survived together. you will find common ground with some people on campus with time, and if not you are real close to the city so you can always escape.

jeep, i adore my wife and kids, but life is short. all the time in the college years crying about chicks i could have been putting the stones to more of them. college is play time and working papers rolled into one these days.

fuck one of every color. expose yourself to people you love and hate (not literally, that's illegal).

if it's legal (or at the very least, just a misdemeanor or desk appearance) try it.

the working world, 9 to 5, is a different place. get the most out of these 4 years. if it means transferring, do it. I went to Upenn, NYU and SVA before graduating. should be the time of your life.

good. natural athleticism combined with the drive to actually succeed is probably the only thing that separates kids who just play from kids who want to take it to the next level. I regret not taking instruction when I was younger, but I have the same sort of natural ability as you're talking about, and look at me now, just got a walk-on spot on a D3 tennis team.

sorry du,

ehhh, you can only handle so much

Right now I'm a junior at UNH, I major in International Business and minor in Studio Art. I just started my minor in Studio Art, I'm pretty pumped for what's to come (mostly photography courses).

I have a pretty chill job at one of the bigger venues around my area. I bartend mostly on the weekends. Alot of the shows aren't really my steez, but some are alright. For exapmle, tonight, Los Lonely Boys lol.

I would like to be involved with some sort of clothing job when i graduate. Maybe a buyer/seller for a company. My parents used to own Shadows, the same idea as american apparel back in the day in cali. My uncle is involved with denim and liscencing, maybe some of you guys have heard of Bill Wall Leather, Y2K, n some others. Hopefully I'll be able to follow their steps.