one button blazers

poly800rock

i'm trying to ease out my casual jackets and such, and as much as i resisted it, i'm starting to look at wearing blazers casually. I've been scoping lad musician one button jawns and also the thick as thieves one, but curious if all the lad musician jackets had a top button feature as so or if it's a feature of only certain ones?

sakae720img600x45111764ip6.jpg

sakae720img600x45111764ny4.jpg

anyone know?

Well there is always exceptions. But personally in my line of work, you wear a 2-button or 3-button suit. Not too slim either and not too fashion forward. It's just the satorial conventions that goes with working in wall street. I suppose if you worked in mass media, entertainment, you could get away with it.

Hey there

I would only wear a sport jacket casually rather than a jacket that is clearly meant to be a part of a suit. The number of buttons should be 1 to 3 - never any more than 3 (EVER) The number of buttons has nothing to do with how smart you'll look - that'll be dictated by the material and cut of the jacket. A 1 button jacket will make your torso look longer as it has an elongating affect. A 2 button is a classic cut and a 3 button will make you look slightly boxy.

If you buy a 3 button jacket NEVER EVER do up the bottom button - it's not meant to be done up and if the jacket is cut properly it will spoil the silhouette if you do do it up. I only ever do the middle button up but you can get away with the top 2.

If wearing a two button jacket do up the top button but leave the second undone.

These are fundamental sartorial rules (no matter how wanky that sounds) and do make a difference!

Paul Smith is doing some great summer jackets - narrower in the shoulders and waist than usual and so perfect for those who want a nice, smart silhouette.

Sport jackets as I think you call them in the states don't have to be like wearing a box...

Hope that's of help

Best

J

what about the thick as thieves one like this:

dsc1161fx7cz6.jpg

that looks professional to me

It all depends on where or type of the job you have. One button blazer is always considered more fashionable.

It sure looks good, but if you work @ a bank or somewhere serious, your boss may think a different way