Drastic Climate Change, Advice?

If you don't already own one, I'd look into buying some basic gears first:

- nice wind/water proof shell jacket

- matching fleece liners (long sleeve, vest)

- down jacket

- boots that can be worn in shitty weather

- winter hats, scarvs, gloves, winter socks...

all of these you may already own if you travel, trek, or ski....i am sure there are high-fashion items that you can invest in as well (coats coats coats!), but there will be days where you will want practical - functioning gears.

I think you probably missed out on the post-winter sales where you can get those items for cheap, your best bet may be outlets and internet. good luck with the move, don't have to by RedSox gears.

Well like shoes-- I hate boots. Are they really that necessary or will some leather sneaks that I waterproof be good enough?

Most of that other stuff I plan on taking a trip to North Face and picking out a bunch of things to put under big jackets that I want to get from I don't know where yet.

Not a big fan quality wise or the aesthetic?

I've always personally been a huge fan of shortish/slimmish parkas. So I'm looking into getting one of those. I'm totally down for a peacoat too but those brands are going to be outrageously out of the budget of a college student ;)

edit-- shoes: some kind of dunk alternative, leather midtops/high tops or something would work well in the snow/rain right?

I was thinking of getting a japanese parka from rakuten or a skate influenced parka. thats going to be a big ticket item sort of.

As far as variety goes, we all have lots of different tshirts, but when you have to wear jackets/sweaters, how do you guys change it up? you can't possibly want to buy as many sweaters/jackets as you have tshirts....