TORONTO Meetup

axtsang

hotels recommendations for new years eve with my girl?

looking for in room jacuzzi, good room service and a nice rooftop or bar for drinks

was thinking park hyatt or drake, never been to either one..

Hyatt is rad but hella old man styles. I hit the bar for a drink from time to time because it's a total trip, but not so good for the under forty crowd.

Drake is for toys.

I got a room at the Thomson a while ago and I liked it. Just as many douchebags as I'd expect for the area but the rooftop bar/pool is really nice and the rooms are huge.

When i say rooms I mean three rooms.

like it had three rooms and the bathroom was bigger than my apartment.

anyone know a decent place to get skates sharpened on toronto? the hockey store i used to go to is now closed.

I would assume Nathan Phillips Square does sharpening for a cheap price, although I'm not too sure on this so dont take my word for it

Hey guys, so I am the buyer and manager at Motoretta down on college. I have been tasked with finding some new clothing brands to carry in the store. We have a few ideas for what we want to carry for Fall 2011 but I though I'd check and see if anyone has any of their own ideas. Is the anything you think Toronto could use or use more of? Is there a particular brand you would like to see in Toronto?

Let me know. Any insight would be appreciated.

^well what kinda peeps are u catering towards. since u said earlier u stock that kinda fred perry kinda stuff, if u want to keep it around a $100-300 price range maybe

naked & famous (probably don't need any more of these in toronto but it might line up well with who ur trying to aim for)

reigning champ (mostly crew necks)

3sixteen (bracelets/outerwear)

would've also liked to see some heavier jackets stocked in toronto that weren't canada goose or $800 (w+h). crescent down works or fjallraven

also another heads up, sydneys has a boxing week sale. i highly recommend looking at their kin stuff as well as anything else you're gonna be in store for

I am looking at price points at the same level as say APC or Wings and Horns. You will see more Fjallraven in Toronto in the coming months. My company just signed a distribution deal with them. We are thinking of going a little deeper into the APC line. Reigning Champ came up because I don't think anyone carries it here. I do like the 3sixteen stuff so i may add that as a possible.

The store has done a pretty bad job before me of growing with its customers and we tended to stick with the brands we distribute so I am trying to widen the perspective a little and dropping dated shit like Penguin and Ben Sherman and cheap crap like Cheap Mondays.

^i found rc from a toronto shop, but it was really hypebeasty. i think it was adrift or livestock or something? i walked in and it was plastered with nike shoes but in the middle of the store there were these thick ass well made rc pieces that were on clearance. since then i haven't seen them around, but they've blown up on the web i guess

i would only touch apc/ndg on deep discount (i think many people are of similar mindset). and theres shipping costs for u too. what about sns herning?? they had a lot of good shit for winter (knits/scarves).

speaking of scarves... theres a lack of accesories available in toronto. j+o has some eg shit, nomad has some really crazy junya stuff, i remember some s2a rings around btu nothing major. maybe some happy socks (meh) or nonnative/white mountaineering socks which are sick. 3sixteen/selfedge/mr.olive in particular put up some good leather products, and i dont think anyone touches mr.olive

other midtier euro brands like heritage research/universal works/garbstore/albam might have some good pieces... i was considering them when i was trying to get a parka.

other good investments prob whatever bd shirts are popular atm (gitman? our legacy?)

no one stocks wwm in toronto afaik

also i wouldnt drop cheap monday if it rolls in $, as shitty as most people think the brand is. unless u wanna do like a complete 360. or maybe a replacement like acne might suit u better (although i dunno if its that much of a step up).

if ur gonna avoid boring outdated shit, imo dont touch shades of greige, kai-aakman, hyden yoo.

as for personal shit that im liking... 18waits is a brand from ottawa that got a lot of spotlight and same with kitsuné from france who i was ever so close from buying a parka from tresbien. also got a downvest from bleu de paname but j+o got that covered... um... nigel cabourn is crazy

um, yeah...

i'd give my left nut to get nigel cabourn but that would be for me and is far to expensive to sell. hell i think my boss would enjoy the wholesale pricing himself but buying is not shopping and we have to pick what we can sell. the cheap mondays we have are just filler really and can go. the brands i have on my list for are below. thanks for your insight. work in progress right now. we will probably pick up two or three and drop two or three of what we have now.

acne (for some more out there stuff without being too crazy)

apc (less the jeans and more the shirts and knits)

albam

reigning champ (one or two sweats)

3sixteen (denim, jackets, shirts)

gitman vintage (oxfords)

fillipa k

gant rugger (nice plaids, love the varsity jacket)

steven allan

acne (for some more out there stuff without being too crazy)

apc (less the jeans and more the shirts and knits)

albam

reigning champ (one or two sweats)

3sixteen (denim, jackets, shirts)

gitman vintage (oxfords)

fillipa k

gant rugger (nice plaids, love the varsity jacket)

steven allan

Definitely a good lineup you've got going there, if that be the case I'll be sure to drop by