limited designer sneakers, worth the money?

i am like a lot of other fellas here, also into sneaker collecting.

but what i sometimes wonder is why even the rarest pair of shoes are mostly made in china, philipines or any 3rd world country (no offense though).

i agree that producing normal dunks is cheaper in asia.

but why do they make some limited 300 $ or more, sneakers also in asia? couldnt they have it done in US or EU ?

instead of sporting some fancy colorway, plastic hong kong, air force 1 lookalikes with a pigeons on,

í'd rather wear some italian handcrafted and manufactured real leather shoes for that price.

or get myelf some santonis, allen edmonds, or ludwig reiter first class budapest style shoes, wich last a life-long. and cost also around 400-500 bucks. but then you get serious quality.

not some gay fashion gimmick.

i don't think your average sneakerhead is into "santonis, allen edmonds, or ludwig reiter first class budapest style shoes".

in fact, i'm not even sure what your question/statement is. seems like you're more upset over something, which you deem as a lower standard, can command just as high a price as your "santonis, allen edmonds, or ludwig reiter first class budapest style shoes".

Supply & demand make something "collectable" no matter if they'd cost a dollar to make!

"Hey man, why is my 1st pressing Minor Threat white vinyl that cost 85 cents to make worth so much money?"

Or not "collectable, just stupid expensive!

"Dude somebody paid $300 to get you that Louis Vuitton wallet for Christmas when it probably cost $8 to make?"

Surely sneakers are not immune to this...

-Dub

that is right indeed, but for me i know better ways to invest my money.

like i said i rather buy a classic shoe with some value to it, deriving from craftmanship, quality, materials etc.

i dont understand how just rareness or design can compete with that. also those "designs" are often just different colorways. whats so innovative on that? and if its about rareness, i get my customized pair of vandals form nike.id and now they are worth more?

besides that no pair sneakers can rival the timeless beauty of a handmade bespoke pair of e.g. santoni. and e.g. a pair of vass budapest bespoke shoes is unique. there is nothing rare or limited. its simply the only one.

The price and demand all lies within marketing and hype if you ask me, its forums like niketalk which manage to drive the hype of a specific sneaker that high and then ofcourse the demand on the street and with sneakerheads, although I do agree dunks are worthless.

M. U. F. C.

I would personally pay an extra 20/50 or whatever to get a classic sneaker like a nike or adidas that has been (well) designed by a a designer-as generally they come up with better colorways than the regular sneaker designers and the shoes are usually limited-so you either have to be on it, or rich (ebay) to get a cool sneaker. And genuine sneaker companies dont sell the designer ones for that much more anyway-apart from Y3 -but those projects are justified as to how much a regular pair of shoes from yoji yamamoto would normaly retail for.