The Trenches

doctorgnar

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I kinda answered that...probably have to go with the Slick alternative...hire a Japanese translator and person with an account.

Theory garments just don't warrant the prices they charge. They aren't doing anything groundbreaking and their quality is mediocre. Biggest mistake I made was buying a cashmere/wool blazer by them for $350 (on sale, mind you).........buttons all fell off within 2 weeks :(

Best (and pretty much only) way to order the Slick coat is to use a buying service/proxy such as the ones I mentioned in the PM I sent you. You won't need a translator/account or anything. They'll take care of all of it and only charge a 10% commission.

.........buttons all fell off within 2 weeks :(

Ouch...

Best (and pretty much only) way to order the Slick coat is to use a buying service/proxy such as the ones I mentioned in the PM I sent you. You won't need a translator/account or anything. They'll take care of all of it and only charge a 10% commission.

Yes I will gladly pay 10% commission fee if I score that Slick trench. Thanks for all the help England... you are good peoples.

• 8 months later...

I like this Patrick Ervell coat, he calls this coat the "American Trench" though I'm not sure it really counts as a trench given how short it is. Goldengloves posted a nice fit of it in the waywt. Though he had the light grey wool color, this pic is the navy.

Not quite a trench, but for people like me who aren't usually going to be wearing it over a full suit, perhaps more appropriate. Looks like it goes well with denim.IMG_35641.jpg

What do you guys think of the length and color?

I think its 650.

A cheaper option I've recently seen (and tried on in the pic below) is uniqlo's trench.

I only have t-shirts/socks by uniqlo so I can't really attest to the quality of their trench's. But I'm guessing that, while not quite burberry, they make solid items. Didn't cop it tho, not sure what I think of the full-length trench look, at least on me with no suit on under it.

Uniqlo trench on me:

?action=view&current=UniqloTrench.jpg

I like that Margiela trench. Barneys just got in a cropped APC trench that is pretty sharp. Although I usually prefer cropped items. a trench is something I like longer,but I'm thinking of buying the APC one,haha...Also the Dior trench has arrived for the season,pretty sharp, the flap is back comes down really low, don't know if its a classic design, Hedi's or KVA though.

If Barney's just got in the Dior trench then it's a KVA design. I kopped a McQueen trench At BG's post-xmas sale, it's a green-ish-beige-ish color, and it's got reflective white piping on it. Love soo much... PJV, does it have a belt? I have to agree with m1 on that, something about the belted ones just looks nicer to me, but w/e, seems like a great one in the pic, and you can't really every go wrong with MMM

So it is KVA? No wonder I didn't love it,haha.

I don't recall the APC trench from last year, but this one is the ever so popular sand khaki, I really wish we had it in black.

Nice Robert Geller piece!

I checked it out at Barney's yesterday and it is the same trench as last year style wise. They changed the fabrication (100% cotton instead of poly/cotton blend), buttons, and added a leather side tab. I prefer mine from last year which has a khaki gingham lining and is poly/cotton for better water resistance.