Fragrance Thread

gimmegimme

actually on perfume bay the 3.4 oz is EDT and the 4.2 is cologne that's what i was wondering about

http://www.perfumebay.com/men-s-d-dior-homme-by-christian-dior-for-men.html

actually on perfume bay the 3.4 oz is EDT and the 4.2 is cologne that's what i was wondering about

http://www.perfumebay.com/men-s-d-dior-homme-by-christian-dior-for-men.html

My bad...the cologne version was a limited edition flanker, and fairly similar to the original, but with more citrus and floral tones, and generally a lower concentration, so it would be softer overall and not last as long.

ps - there will be an "intense" version on the shelves shortly.

yo gimmegimme, i took your advice and checked out Carnal Flower when I was in Isetan. Fucking divine scent, I seriously loved it. Unfortunately they only had the 50ml bottle, which was 24,000yen. A little too much for me....but I will try to find the 3x10ml some day. Cheers anyway

Keep your eye on ebay listings...sometimes someone will sell just one of the 10ml bottles. CF is SO strong that most people could get by with that size for quite some time.

Hey guys. I'm looking for everyday cologne thats light and...not sure what the word is I'm looking for, but maybe a tad bit feminine? Like a cologne that has a vanilla scent to it, I need something I can wear to school and I don't want cologne that smells like something a grown up bearded business man wears.

Hey guys. I'm looking for everyday cologne thats light and...not sure what the word is I'm looking for, but maybe a tad bit feminine? Like a cologne that has a vanilla scent to it, I need something I can wear to school and I don't want cologne that smells like something a grown up bearded business man wears.

-Dior Homme

-Fahrenheit 32

-Fleur de Male by Gaultier

All fairly feminine & sweet smelling.

^Although i'm late, Fahrenheit 32 has vanilla in it if that helps at all.

I took a trip to the mall to pick up some stuff and I checked out Sephora real quick. I think i'm going to pick up Yves Saint Laurent. I heard good things about l'Eau d'Issey though, any opinions?

im basically a total dimwit at fragrances but is there any fragrance

that is like a sea breeze.. fresh and grassy.. or just something that you feel refreshed about. not musky but something strong enough to know theres a presence in the room.

hidden but bold when smelled.

i know this would be impossible but can someone give me suggestions on such products?

if price spectrum helps it would be nice if theres some under 100 us dollars.

ralph lauren polo blue / aqua di gio = no thank you bceause too many ppl i know use it.

haha spot was blown about 10 years ago :)

issey is a tad too strong IMO anyway. echoing polishmike, stay away.

They actually released an "intense" version...just in case the first one wasn't bad enough. :eek:

Just visited the Serge Lutens store in Paris, a really really great store, dimly lit and friendly. Ended up picking up a bottle of Bois et' musc

Good choice. :)

Got a sample of the new YSL L'homme yesterday while passing through a store.

Anyone have some thoughts on it? Still not sure how I feel about it.

I am however looking for some decent mainstream scents to maybe pick up while on post-holiday sales around town, not sure what I'm looking for though. I've liked Armani Code in the past and some of the other Armani's.

Cheers

I am however looking for some decent mainstream scents to maybe pick up while on post-holiday sales around town, not sure what I'm looking for though. I've liked Armani Code in the past and some of the other Armani's.

Cheers

chanel allure homme sport

dior homme

and the latest(maybe only one?) marc jacobs(not the vanilla one)

Cheers

L'Homme smells like an old woman's handbag, very powdery, I have the same thoughts with Dior Homme. Everytime I smell Allure Sport I think of my uncle... it seems as if everybody has it.

Though if you like L'Homme you should check out Dior Homme.

-Dior Homme

-Fahrenheit 32

-Fleur de Male by Gaultier

All fairly feminine & sweet smelling.

I'll probably get some Dior Homme since I live in Taiwan and those other brands probably are unattainable here. Which one do you suggest me to get? And Dior Homme isnt too feminine right, I wont smell like a woman right?

I've been trying to track down a perfume that's got the character of Amen, but without the kind of chemically overtones. I've been wearing L'artisan Parfumeur for a bit, but when I smelled Bond No. 9 Bleeker street I remembered how much I like bold, musky scents.

Or something like Penhaligon's less citrusy scents made non-stodgy.

I'll probably get some Dior Homme since I live in Taiwan and those other brands probably are unattainable here. Which one do you suggest me to get? And Dior Homme isnt too feminine right, I wont smell like a woman right?

i think fahrenheit32 is also by dior, and Gualtier is Jean Paul Gualtier.

all of those perfumes are equally easy to be found!

basenotes.net is down right now so i thought i would as you guys...

i am after something with citrus notes for summer but unique and not overwhelmingly citrus. Anyone have any experience with Jil Sander fragrances? I forget what its called but i think the orange coloured on could be citrus and there is a hermes one too. Any good recommendations?

basenotes.net is down right now so i thought i would as you guys...

i am after something with citrus notes for summer but unique and not overwhelmingly citrus. Anyone have any experience with Jil Sander fragrances? I forget what its called but i think the orange coloured on could be citrus and there is a hermes one too. Any good recommendations?

Citrus ideas:

-Eau Sauvage by Dior

-Bigarade Concentree by Frederic Malle

-Eau Parfumee au The Verte Extreme by Bvlgari

-(Divine Bergamote) by The Different Company

-Jardin de Nil by Hermes

-Imperiale by Creed

-Acqua di Parma Colonia/Intensa/Assoluta

I think the Jil Sander you're thinking of is called Sun Man, but may be discontinued (still available at discounters). The Hermes you're thinking of is called Eau d'Orange Verte.

I've been trying to track down a perfume that's got the character of Amen, but without the kind of chemically overtones. I've been wearing L'artisan Parfumeur for a bit, but when I smelled Bond No. 9 Bleeker street I remembered how much I like bold, musky scents.

Or something like Penhaligon's less citrusy scents made non-stodgy.

Musk suggestions:

-Kiehl's Musk

-Angeliques Sous La Pluis by Frederic Malle

-Bois D'Orange by Frederic Malle

-Cologne by Thierry Mugler

-Musc Ravageur by Frederic Malle

If you want something similar to Amen...Hanae Mori; Le Male by Gaultier; Must de Cartier, etc. etc. Which L'Artisan have you been wearing?

i recently bought a bottle of cdg skai, and i must say...

initially it really does smell like PVC. like going to home depot, grinding up a pvc pipe, mixing it with denatured alcohol and spraying onto you. but after a few minutes, all of that inyourface shit subsites, actually starts to smell sweet and mellow...in a way. definitely not your burberry/miyake/wang/vesace/etc kind of scent . sweet. but a more subtle sweet...with the touch of plasticity still there that isnt overpowering at all. rather interesting, and gotten some comments from the people here that the smell is "indescribable" in a good way. i find myself wearing this more than my cdg2. i also got a sample of cdg dryclean from luckyscent, and im interested in that as well, its a very airy/clean smell, and to me, doesnt smell like a laundromat at all, more like...well...and airy clean smell...with hints of plastic once again . it might be my next purchase.

Mechant Loup, Safran Troublant, Dzing. Love Mechant Loup more and more with time.

If you're looking to spend some cash, try Frederic Malle. Angeliques Sous La Pluis (lightest), Vetiver Extraordinaire (medium), and Noir Epices (heavy) are all really nice, and in a similar vein to the L'Artisan's that you have.

In the same price range, The Different Company has Sel de Vetiver and Rose Poivree that you might like.

Both sell directly from their website, and will also list retailers.

I've never really bought a fragrance but i was thinking about it. Any suggestions for versatile and relatively casual scents to try and grab a sample from luckyscent or something to figure out what exactly i want?

I've never really bought a fragrance but i was thinking about it. Any suggestions for versatile and relatively casual scents to try and grab a sample from luckyscent or something to figure out what exactly i want?

Casual/versatile scents (from Luckyscent):

-Gendarme

-Sel de Vetiver by The Different Company

-Navegar by L'Artisan

-Grand Siecle by Parfumerie Generale