Dance mixes!!

hewmiri

I wanted to try to be nice, and I still will, but it probably won't sound nice.

As ishboo has stated, making mixes entirely out of songs floating around on

music blogs within the past couple of months is a little on the "Look At Me

I Am A Fucking Lemon-Ass Toy." So, I'd say you need to take some time

and check out your playlist selection.

Beyond that, these were supposed to be dance mixes, right? But they sound

more like listening mixes. Your liberal use of sudden cuts and basic fade-ins

would leave way too much gap time on a dancefloor- people would all of sudden

get sucked out of their groove and have to wait for the next song to really kick in.

You need to spend more time learning how to edit things together, proper ways

to mix in and out, and brush up on tempo, pacing, etc.

Basically, you should probably learn a little bit more about DJing and DJ culture

before you try to make mixes and share them with people who will invariably tear you a new asshole.

And, I'm sorry, I tried to resist, but you look like every other indie fuck who only recently became interested in dance music, and this is not only evidenced by

the quality of your mixes and song selection, but hinted at by your recent music column on your site. Get a fucking haircut, maybe actually buy some of the clothing you seem to be interested in and stop dressing like every other hipshit wannabe.

Stop listening to fucking Sufjan Stevens, jesus christ. Please get a fucking haircut

that didn't come with an STD and a stamp-of-approval from Spin magazine.

By the by, your site is pleasing to look at and seemingly well-designed.

You might want to focus on your strengths.

Love,

J.

miserable

the only people who would enjoy this are hipsters/indie people. people who are really into the electronic music scene would spit on you.

I was going to, but then I'd have to wipe it off my screen afterwards,

and that is self-defeating.

I be feelin' bad for you, hewmiri.

Are you just making this on a ableton demo or something? Or do you actually have some decks?

If you're serious about dj'ing pop into djforums.com

EVERYONE there has REALLY bad taste, so don't go there for music. But some really good dj's (from a technique point of view) frequent them and they share the skillzzzzzz.

ow ow ow.

thanks for the feedback, although some of it was really immature and ugly. I would justify myself but I won't. you are right, maybe I was looking for attention posting here... but what is wrong with wanting attention? everyone who posts on a forum wants attention. your ego is just massive... lighten up, dude. it's just music. it's just hair.

Jesse

I be feelin' bad for you, hewmiri.

Are you just making this on a ableton demo or something? Or do you actually have some decks?

If you're serious about dj'ing pop into djforums.com

EVERYONE there has REALLY bad taste, so don't go there for music. But some really good dj's (from a technique point of view) frequent them and they share the skillzzzzzz.

hey keagan. yeah I am using ableton... I'm not really interested in serious djing... just doing these mixes for fun. I try to dabble in things that interest me so I can gain more appreciation in whatever craft.

come on guys relax on the guy. fuck, i mean sometimes all this forum can be is hate. im guilty myself but i mean, he just posted a mix of some songs... not need to start attacking him about his personal looks. dont think he said he wanted to be a professional dj or anything. good on those for linking him to some forums to help him get better.

and i think it takes balls for him to come back and respond. unlike when dcrev was called out...

okay onemancult

you said this:

And, I'm sorry, I tried to resist, but you look like every other indie fuck who only recently became interested in dance music, and this is not only evidenced by

the quality of your mixes and song selection, but hinted at by your recent music column on your site. Get a fucking haircut, maybe actually buy some of the clothing you seem to be interested in and stop dressing like every other hipshit wannabe.

Stop listening to fucking Sufjan Stevens, jesus christ. Please get a fucking haircut

that didn't come with an STD and a stamp-of-approval from Spin magazine.

I totally skipped reading that part because your post was so long but you sound like you have something personal against "emo kids". the worst type of human being is the type that judges people without know what the fuck they are talking about. if my idea of "emo" is correct, judging by your blind hatred toward life and people... don't have to finish this sentence.

go look at my waywt posts, yes I like sufjan, my hair is what I believe suits me and my style, I don't know what Spin magazine is.

anyway saying any of this won't make a difference. your ego is too thick.

he earned his ego.

Illinoise (sp?!) was alright. That is the only release I liked from Sufjan.

I still think that you should start telling girls that you're the guy from Death From Above 1979.

U coULD GET tHE SeX DAT wAAY!1!1223@1

hey hey hey, i might've gotten immature and ugly at the end,

but everything before that was uh... relatively constructive.

somewhat.

look, i know it is for fun, and this ACTUALLY might work for you

if what you were doing was a podcast mix of say, all of April's

notable mp3 blog songs. because then people wouldn't fault

you for lack of DJing skills, they'd just go: awesome, i get to

listen to stuff i might've missed. but then you're forced to actually

stay on top of things and try to find shit no one else has paid

attention to.

anyway, cheers. sufjan stevens hurts my soul.

also, replying to your recent notes:

i should've made it clear that it was somewhat meant to be friendly joking rather than full-on tearing you apart. for the most part, i was just being a dick for being a dick's sake, not because i seriously hate you, or your hair. but i do seriously hate sufjan stevens.

EDIT: my penis is kind of thick, but my ego is like a thin veneer spread all over my body like a cancer. word.

oh come on, you know you hate his hair :D

Yes.

I wonder if all these guys come from the same genetic roots, because they

honestly all have the same facial structure and get the same haircut, they're

all slightly tanned but not too much so it is difficult to pinpoint if they are caucasian

or maybe hispanic is possible and all I want to do is figure it out so I can

rest easy at night.

I go out to party, and all I can think of is, "Is this some sort of family reunion?".

EDIT: i went back and looked at your actual website, not just the blog, and

i really feel the need to urge you to never even think about music again, not even for fun, and focus all your energy on your design work. it is good, quite good in some cases, and needs all your attention and passion and dedication. good luck

with your work.

see, i can be genuine, superfuture.