Saw these on e-bay.

airfrogusmc

Yeah I bought a pair of those same 201 a couple of years ago -- the price is way too expensive only a sucker would pay $500 for a pair of those jeans. Why even bother? She's gotten greedy. The last time I saw her items listed, they did not sell because she priced them to high. Why pay $500 for them when one can pick up some cool sammys , sds, sugarcanes, iron hearts ---

I bought a pair of those from this seller a year or so ago. The 37 201 shouldn't be judged by modern LVC standards, these are really nice. The Cone denim has this amazing depth of colour, has to be seen to be appreciated and most attractive once they've been soaked.

True that the fact LVC are reproing the 1937 501 this season does take some of the omph away from these listings but the 96 555 stamped 201 are a modern classic. The nicest cinch too.

I bought a pair of those from this seller a year or so ago. The 37 201 shouldn't be judged by modern LVC standards, these are really nice. The Cone denim has this amazing depth of colour, has to be seen to be appreciated and most attractive once they've been soaked.

True that the fact LVC are reproing the 1937 501 this season does take some of the omph away from these listings but the 96 555 stamped 201 are a modern classic. The nicest cinch too.

I have the same pair and apprieciate the quality, But for $500? Come on! I'd rather get a 21oz iron heart or samurai -- the quality is on par with the 501, if not better.

Yeah those and the 20s 201s 555 in my opinion are some of the best LVC you can buy. synthi Have you seen the new 55s? I have a pair from late last year and they are VERY NICE. Cone red line denim.

I have the same pair and apprieciate the quality, But for $500? Come on! I'd rather get a 21oz iron heart or samurai -- the quality is on par with the 501, if not better.

The problem with the 21 oz is in my opinion they are WAY to heavy. Weight really has little to do with durability. I'd rather have something more authentic. These 37 201s especially NWTs RAW have become very collectable. Their value is only going to go up.

hi!

sure the early collections are even better than the actually

i have 555: 551ZXX! the best one , Type 2 jacket, 2x 501XX 1955, a finished S501XX 1944, and a death valley 1890

i dont like the 20s 201 really - for me the 1937s are better - a little bit more closely cut

denim makes me poor ;+)

Guest jeffvyain
The problem with the 21 oz is in my opinion they are WAY to heavy. Weight really has little to do with durability. I'd rather have something more authentic. These 37 201s especially NWTs RAW have become very collectable. Their value is only going to go up.

You say weight has little to do with durability, but do you really know? I don't claim to, but I can say this: My last longboarding debacle was a fall going down a hill at 35 MPH (I had my friend trailing me in a car). My 17 oz Samurais honestly don't look like they've been touched. I scraped my knee THROUGH the jeans, but the jeans didn't lose a single thread of cotton. I wonder if some 10 oz Levi's would've done the same thing.

You say weight has little to do with durability, but do you really know? I don't claim to, but I can say this: My last longboarding debacle was a fall going down a hill at 35 MPH (I had my friend trailing me in a car). My 17 oz Samurais honestly don't look like they've been touched. I scraped my knee THROUGH the jeans, but the jeans didn't lose a single thread of cotton. I wonder if some 10 oz Levi's would've done the same thing.

There are still 9 oz original Levis that were worn buy miners in collections today. A day in the mine is worth a month on the bar stool. I can tell you that my 9 oz 1901s were and my 10 oz 1933s are tough as nails.

Oh for sure I wasn't endorsing a bid at those prices! :P I don't think people who buy these would weight them up with the myriad of jp denim, as much as I hate LVC stuff these occupy a niche in my heart, prolly cos they were my first ever pair of selvedge jeans!

Yeah those and the 20s 201s 555 in my opinion are some of the best LVC you can buy. synthi Have you seen the new 55s? I have a pair from late last year and they are VERY NICE. Cone red line denim.

I haven't seen the 55's airfrog, don't show me either because LVC doesn't cater for my small waist :( Speaking of which, if anyone by chance has a 37 201xx in size 30 x 30 willing to swap for my deadstock pair marked 32 x 32 drop me a line :)

I bought a load of these for my own collection in 1996/97 ( used to love LVC ) including 201s,1955 501s 551Z plus all three jackets and shirts. I've got quite a few left of all these in my collection and sold some on ebay last year for approx $250 each so these prices look ridiculous. I have to say I think this LVC collection was the best but that's personal opinion and in fact I do prefer some of the Japanese brands even to these. I reckon I've about 30 pairs of jeans and 15 jackets most unworn - if I could get these prices for them I'd be astounded !! Also I prefer the 501 to the 201 and I actually think the 551z is underated.

LFC I like the early stuff to. It just depends on what you're looking for I guess. I know a guy that has a very good collection of originals and he has NWT Raw stuff from the late 40s, 50s and 60s. I've seen last years 55s NWT Raw right next to originals same tagged size and I can tell you the weight, texture and cut were about as close as a repro could get. They could have came off the same production line.

I bought a pair of those from the Levis store in NYC back in 1998, and there's no way those jeans are worth $500. Compared to the 1920s 201s the denim isn't in the same league - it doesn't fade nicely and the cut isn't as good.

As others have pointed out, some of the Japanese repros are a much better buy. My Samurai 526 VXs are good, and there's the SDA D01s.

I bought a load of these for my own collection in 1996/97 ( used to love LVC ) including 201s,1955 501s 551Z plus all three jackets and shirts. I've got quite a few left of all these in my collection and sold some on ebay last year for approx $250 each so these prices look ridiculous. I have to say I think this LVC collection was the best but that's personal opinion and in fact I do prefer some of the Japanese brands even to these. I reckon I've about 30 pairs of jeans and 15 jackets most unworn - if I could get these prices for them I'd be astounded !! Also I prefer the 501 to the 201 and I actually think the 551z is underated.

I'm curious to see if there will be any takers. I think the 501xx and the 551xx are one in the same the only difference is the 551xx has a zipper. I personally like the button fly.

I personally really like the 37 201s. They wear very slowly and are MUCH nicer than the 37 501s from a few years back. I do agree Dr Jon about the 20s 201s 555 but kinda apples and oranges trying to compare the XX cone red line on the 37 201s with the Japanese blue/green line on the 20s 201s. Though I believe the 37 201 XX red line is not a real repro of a 201 but a factious repro. Kind of a 501 with the wrong kind of buckle.

These have been increasing in value over the years though I wouldn't pay that kind of money for them. I have seen them go for $350 lately and that seems like a fair price. Remember most people that are buying these will probably never wear them. Keep'm new with tags in a collection. That wouldn't be me but I like wearing them to much.

i just saw this thread...

funy, but it was this same seller that had an auction up last year that prompted my first post on here and i got some very good replies from airfrog and paul t.

i could have picked up these same jeans for about $100 less last time.

the seller has gotten greedy. but someone bought the pair i was looking at last time (dont remember the model) so i could see it happening again...

gorgeous looking jeans, but that price makes my stomach hurt.

you could take that money and get a pair of those Onis from BIG that are dyed by hand and woven by some of the few remaining craftsmen...

jesus, 500 bucks for a pair of jeans.

I also have the ONIs from BIG and they are a lot more special imo.As are Jomons and the Pure Blue natural indigo.

The 551z are sanforised and are a reproduction of the first Levis jean to undergo this treatment in the early 60's I believe. I still think releasing 3 jackets and 3 jeans and one shirt all made at the Valencia factory was a great idea but then got diluted when they realised they could sell their hritage. Bit Like Harley Davidson did with their jackets in the early 90s.

"looks so cool cuffed up to show your red line"

lol

Has nothin to do with look'n cool has everything to do with the 4 inch full shrinkage on the length. I cold rinse very little in the first 6 months. It usually takes raw cone red line a full 10 wet to dry cycles to fully shrink. So you can't alter till then cuffs are your only option.