raw jeans = raw fingers

soepom

I shattered my nail trying to do up the buttons on my NS. I also crushed my hips with some Diors and it hurt quite a bit (I got rid of those and sized up 2).

This thread is awesome.

Similar injury. i broke half a nail like that, cant remember which pair though.

I would think that stuff this tight would eventually rip the denim/break the hardware. How many of you have popped buttons just sitting down? Do you have to go out to a bar and just stand all night so you don't? I got a pair off ebay that are pretty tight and that's exactly what I'm afraid of.

Pics..........

hahaha i still haven't the technology to photograph my ovaries.

and really, it's a figure of speech - the jeans are not high rise enough to reach where my ovaries should be.

really, the charm of breaking in your own jeans instead of buying them comfy is in part the joy of subordinating a stubborn fabric to your own body, and building a beautiful relationship in the process. of course the irony is that most of us realise soon enough that we are slaves to our denim instead of the other way around. heh.

hahaha i still haven't the technology to photograph my ovaries.

and really, it's a figure of speech - the jeans are not high rise enough to reach where my ovaries should be.

really, the charm of breaking in your own jeans instead of buying them comfy is in part the joy of subordinating a stubborn fabric to your own body, and building a beautiful relationship in the process. of course the irony is that most of us realise soon enough that we are slaves to our denim instead of the other way around. heh.

You realize that this line of thought leans more sadomasochistic than it does denim dilettante. You don't have to pain yourself to break in a pair of jeans. You can buy jeans that are extremely fitted that are your size and fit your body type - I'd like to believe that hurting yourself was not a part of the house's idea of "personalized experience."

jm2c.

You realize that this line of thought leans more sadomasochistic than it does denim dilettante. You don't have to pain yourself to break in a pair of jeans. You can buy jeans that are extremely fitted that are your size and fit your body type - I'd like to believe that hurting yourself was not a part of the house's idea of "personalized experience."

jm2c.

heh i think the whole purpose of this thread *is* to laugh at ourselves and the ridiculous extents to which we will go for our denim.

i do have many pairs of jeans which fit comfortably or really loose. and the raws will too, eventually. but comfort isn't top of the order just right now. there's a myriad of reasons why people buy raws, and buy them tight. i'm sure there's a discussion thread on this somewhere already :)

you know how smokers all over the world seem to share an instant camaraderie? i guess you need to be one to understand it. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

My general rule is that if you cant button it all the way up, dont buy it. I used to size down on everything before I decided to take control of my life. Denim shouldnt be ball bashing, dick destroying or ovary obliterating

• 3 weeks later...