raw jeans = raw fingers

soepom

So I went and got my first pair of skull lindas. Was told that they'll expand so to buy em smaller than my actual size. I got size 00.

They're so tight my ovaries hurt.

I've now got skin peeling off my right thumb from trying to push the button into the hole. It took me 3 days before I could do all four buttons.

So I'm just wondering - what other injuries have people sustained trying to break into their denim?

And why oh why, do I feel so happy inspite of this pain :)

^^ From being a dirty sycamore no more. He has thunder thighs too so he can't size down as much or it hurts too much.

Ummm the most injury I had was a killer sore thumb that I swear would callous if I didn't ice it. That and the usual waist redness from the band cutting into my skin.

The stitching around the waist of my imperial dukes started cutting into my skin after walking around a whole day in them. The wound was surprisingly big and took forever to heal. Now the threads in that area are a funky brown-red color.:)

yeah, dukes...

i think because of the dead-straight cut through the hips (no contour) + the selvage all the way to the waistband (extra material), the rivets on the hips stick out a bit on the inside. they used to cut the hell out of me every time i wore them until i covered 'em with a heat-set patch.

angry red welt looking wound on my hips from okniawas cutting into them. Inside of elbow honey comb bruising from my conny. Back of knee honey comb bruising from my KMW-awa. Those were they most uncomfortable i've delt with. At first they were more like sheet metal than denim. I couldn't wear them more than 2 days in a row at first.

Wow a size 00. That's insane! After about an afternoon of trying to get into my size 3 linda's, I finally got the top button done but my thumb was pretty sore thanks to that. Luckily, I think the jeans are finally starting to stretch. I'm on a day 4 and the top button isn't so much of a struggle anymore.

angry red welt looking wound on my hips from okniawas cutting into them. .

damn.. i have one of those too. except it's not bad, and i think it's gone away. the rise is so high. :\

I have some pretty nasty scars behind my knees from breaking in my SDA's. My Sams have caused me little pain besides buttoning them the first time. Nasty fucking things in the beginning, aren't they? They've loosened up very well, though. When I have to go to the bathroom, I just snap them all open. Love these jeans.

Charming thread title ;) But yeah why did you size down so much? Is there a denim niche yet to be occupied, like jeans with a 30" waist that feature a 5" front rise, 7" rear rise, 6" across the knee and a 4" opening. Hope Ande's reading . .

+1. if it hurts to put on/wear your jeans, why are you wearing them?

to break them in. size down so once they strtech back out you have the perfect fit. My okinawas are probably my comfiest pair right now. perfect fit and oh so soft.... don't hate cause my denims are better than yours

im used to having my waist fucked up (used to sag jeans [i know loser staus] with my belt super tight so they wouldnt fall off).. so sizing down for my nudies wasnt a big deal. other than that nothing really.. my belt buckle is obnoxious so it jabs into my stomach everyso often (not comfortable)

hmmm...why the strong opinion? Don't knock it until you try it.

i've worn tight ass jeans before and it's just not comfortable. and plus even if i did like my jeans tight, i still don't think it'd be worth it to have bruises and cuts on my waist and legs just so that when they stretch they'll be the right size...like i siad i'd rather wear a belt.