The 40 label: making my jeans

40ozprophet

Well, ive been working on the weekends for a while to put these together, and I finished today. Im really happy about how everything turned out except for these fucking beltloops. oh well. Much thanks to Ande who helped me along a bit!

418148495_759c0994f1_b.jpg

418148460_a7ad70527f_b.jpg

418148482_8513b96432_b.jpg418148470_5d1764048d.jpg?v=0

418168935_c763866c2f_b.jpg

418168927_db99deb540_b.jpg

as you can see, fucked up beltloops. i made them too thick.

418168924_29f9b6a10c_b.jpg

418168918_3b2cbe124c_b.jpg

also, the back pocket stitching is subpar because i did those with an old machine. oh well.

I hope you all like them!

apart from the belt loops(definatly bartack top and bottom) they look great.... let me know if you need any selvage for round 2 (im on a buying trip and can pick up more between the 19th and 25th of march)

sooo awesome. I think the front pockets are a little off and youve already been told about the belt loops. haha but i like the main button reminds me of a doll or something, if you plan to do another pair you should go for some crazy pocket lining, actually thats just my pref.

thanks for the comments everyone. looking back on the belt loops, i dont really know why imade them like that.

"if you plan to do another pair you should go for some crazy pocket lining, actually thats just my pref." ??? i do have crazy pocket lining...maybe i should post a better picture.

Very nice work. Couldn't you put some thick stitching on the belt loops at about the waist line to cinch em up abit? I think it would be cool to see just the one back pocket with the stitching and the other blank. What kind of machine did you use to make these?

• 5 weeks later...

Very cool 40; overall you did a wonderful bit of crafting in constructing your pair of jeans...

I love your denim...!

You might be interested in a handful of thoughts for future pairs of denim you may construct in the coming months or years...

A serged or overlock stitch with a specialty foot on a standard machine would definitely improve the construction of the yoke on the interior of the garment, creating a simple and clean finish.

Adjusting the tension and feeling out the feed dogs will help to smooth out the stitching on the interior facing of the zipper placard, also pressing at each step with a protective piece of muslin will assist in creating smooth stitching and a finely finished garment

On one hand it’s somewhat important to create the pair you did if you plan on creating a second pair with selvedge denim, though you might want to consider a serged finish rather than pressing the seams open along the outside edge.

One creative idea for creating a finish if you weren't working with selvedge denim would be creating a closely spaced binding serge stitch, rather than a spaced 4 thread stitch found on a pair of standard inexpensive denim, though both serve the purpose of a nice finish that will not unravel...

As you're aware, the raw edge might unravel quite easily as it stands...

I believe you also know, pressing the seams open is meant to showcase the loom on which the twill was woven, in addition to the decorative yarns along the selvedge of the denim roll which would traditionally hit a serger knife or waste basket on denim woven on a modern manufacturers loom.

I hope to see a lot more of your denim around and about Superfuture…

well, ive only really worn then two or three times, and it is definately the cheapo dry stuff that doesnt really want to fade. i actually think this might be alycra blend because they are a bit stretchy. nayways, they look really good pinrolled with high top dunks! thats how im wearing them.