Slubby Denim

thegr8est333

I have a pair of 47' LVC's and I've been wearing them everyday for about 3 weeks now. I recently noticed that the denim is becoming slubby. I heard from my friend that denim gets slubby after a rinse. I havent rinsed mine and i dont plan to for a while. Im just wondering if anyone can help me figure this out. This question is purely out of curiosity because i dont mind the look of my jeans at all; i actually kind of like it. Educate me Denim experts.....

If you like the fit now, you won't like it after you rinse/soak them. If you NEVER plan on washing them or getting them wet then I guess your ok.

seconded. But you had never let them touch water or they're going to shrink up asap. Try not to even get caught in the rain haha.

OK well unlike some of these Sufu I am no going to encourage you. It is inevitable that your jeans will be washed and should be washed at some point in their life. If you have to wear them wet to keep the waist from shrinking too much then do so. but you need to soak those. Also what is the inseam now? What is your inseam you need? Maybe soaking is not an option if the inseam is going to get to short.

Anyway yes you need to soak them.

i could easily shrink em right now...the inseam is not an issue for me....unfortunately im only 5'8". I like the fit right now because I have a little room...but if I soaked em', I'd be doing the "sufu-fit" thing. Everyone has preference; but I'd rather not have a tight fit.....they do stretch back out after you shrink em right?