stretching my body

i would say a well fitting pant along with a bit of stacking at the bottom looks best...and dark jeans/pants would make you seem slimmer/taller. the small stack at the bottom makes the eye follow the leg all the way down to the ground, as opposed to a clean cut/perfect hem that makes the eye stop right at the top of the shoe.

I think that tight skinny jeans, think Cheap Monday, make small skinny guys look even shorter, especially when the waist is worn low so the pockets on the back start below the butt.

What about clothing for making small skinny guys appear taller?

Also, try tops that are longer and with smaller arm holes.

for jeans, Im guessing anything thats slim from the thigh down... get a medium-high rise if your legnth is in your legs, if you got short legs go with lower rise.

Also, if youre fat it aint gonna work.

make sure you don't have any sort of focal point near the middle of your body. don't rock a belt that stands out, for example.

also (and you probably know this) horizontal stripes are not a good idea unless the line is broken up somehow (like a striped shirt under a jacket).

ummm...vertical stripes (blatant or something like the subtle stripe in cloak jeans).

and, that's it for my ideas that haven't been stated.

being too tall sucks just as bad, unfortunately.

go for the nice medium.

That's correct. Especially if you're skinny and tall at the same time it's often difficult to find shirts and jackets that fit properly, most being either too short or way too wide.

I'm happy I ain't an extreme case of that either.

And on the actual topic I think wearing black pants & kicks won't actually make you look taller, rather less stocky on the legs?

what "lengthens" stocky body-types more?

For your jackets, you'll want to crop them to a one button fit. The reason all the Dior models wearing those cropped-to-shit jackets look so tall is because their jacket line ends at their navel rather than on their hip. Try it.