Dress shirts

Superstar

I need a really nice fitted light blue dress shirt..

i dont want it to sag on me, so it has to be some kind of slim fit..

any other advice on nice dress shirt brands?

What you really need to do, instead of just buying a shirt off the rack and having it tailored, is to find a tailor near you that will do dress shirts. This can cost anywear from 100 bucks to outragious prices depending on the fabric and options (collar, placket, pocket, monagram, etc.) but the outcome is just insanely perfect. You want a Dior Homme look, they can do it. You want a Sean John look, they can do it.

Honestly, a good tailor can produce an entire bespoke setup that will blow anything off-the-rack out of the water. Do your homework though, ask around, speak to the tailors. Get a feel of what they are willing to do. I've met few tailors who are too subborn to move away from "classic" looks, i.e. slimmer fitting, whatever, etc.

Good luck.

If money is a concern, you can get some Lands' End tailored dress shirts for $30 each that fit well (close but not tight). They may be a touch too long for your tastes if you wear it untucked (something that I do not do), but it shouldn't cost too much to only shorten them.

Seize Sur Vingt, next level on next level shit.

I've actually heard horrible things about SSV shirts. Notably with them fading color very quickly when laundered. I can't speak from my own experience, and I personally love their more casual line (Group 16 sur 20), but I figured it was worth throwing out the caution flag.

I've actually heard horrible things about SSV shirts. Notably with them fading color very quickly when laundered. I can't speak from my own experience, and I personally love their more casual line (Group 16 sur 20), but I figured it was worth throwing out the caution flag.

I'll attest to this. I have a couple RTW shirts from them. The fabric & patterns are great and I love the cut, but the dyes they use fade really fast. Definitely disappointing given the price.

I was actaully thinking more along their lines of Troglodyle Homoculus, SSV's offspring that does casual shirts in vein of Band of Outsiders and such.

For dress shirts, I found that established tailoring companies such as Borelli etc, is the best way to go.

Same deal with the TH shirts. Good fabric, good cut, nice details. The colors are great when you buy them, but damn they fade way easy - I'm sure it's the same dyes that 16sur20 uses in the RTW line. Do NOT put them in a washer or dryer. Hand-wash gentle and hang or a trustworthy dry cleaner will make the color last longer.

I'll still buy there but never at full retail again.

• 5 months later...

my favorite ones that i've ever tried on have to be veronique branquinho. they fit perfect and the fabric feels really nice. the designs are on point too. my next ones to try are probably going to be raf.

i want veronique branquinho and raf simons shirts for work and probably some band of outsiders ones for just lounging around. given the money, this probably won't happen to the point where im rocking a different one for every day of the week, but 2 to 4 would be nice to have!