You and food.

bangbangbang

I cook a few times a week. I've tried to be a little more seasonal in my choices the last 6 months or so. Also the wife and I are vegetarian. So lately, making dishes based around beans & root vegetables - e.g. beet or yam risottos, vegetable stews, potato & gruyere tart - or really cheesy italian, like ricotta & spinach filled canneloni, baked mac & cheese. In the warmer months, more stir frys and other fresh vegetable based dishes.

NYC has so many good brunch places and there's no time in the morning during the week, so I rarely cook breakfast -- but I make a mean eggs florentine.

The wife is a better cook than me & is usually in charge of desserts.

i worked as a chief at an upscale golfclub a few years ago...my favorite things to cook there were the filet mignon and prime rib..the owner was a relapsing alchololic and encouraged me to stay bent throughout the workday...we would walk around the ktichen with a cup and hit the kegs up when the customers werent looking...i got fired though becuase joyce didnt trust me around the open grill.

• 1 month later...

today was my dad's birthday brunch for the whole fam so me and my mom made:

blueberry muffins (they came out amaaaazing)

baked egg platter

blintz souffle w/onions, peppers, cheese, potatoes, etc

bacon

belgian waffles

and we bought some bagels and cut up tons of fruit. delicious

418282323_fdac12164d.jpg

418276913_de1018a2b6.jpg

418276907_63d01356f2.jpg

Guest youngteam
my gf just made me some kimbap

late as hell, i know, but i almost never come to this forum because it sucks. but you lucky sonofabitch -- it's just not the same if you buy it pre-made at the market.

today was my dad's birthday brunch for the whole fam so me and my mom made:

blueberry muffins (they came out amaaaazing)

baked egg platter

blintz souffle w/onions, peppers, cheese, potatoes, etc

bacon

belgian waffles

and we bought some bagels and cut up tons of fruit. delicious

418282323_fdac12164d.jpg

418276913_de1018a2b6.jpg

418276907_63d01356f2.jpg

really loved how you censored your mother.

2yy1jyd.jpg

A pic from the last and (only?) time I've cooked and taken a picture of it, Thanksgiving of last year.

I rounded up my American friends and I pretty much singlehandedly cooked a whole Thanksgiving dinner, everything from scratch and without recipes or experience. I enjoy cooking and just kinda winged it based on what I thought Thanksgiving dinner should be, and what I could actually get in this country (Korea).

Pictured:

-Quiche Lorraine (burnt on the bottom but still good)

-Mashed potatoes (potatoes here are rock hard but these turned out excellent)

-gravy (turkey giblet stock, turkey drippings (I basted the turkey in butter and chicken stock), packaged chicken stock, mushrooms sauteed in a whole pack's worth of bacon, plus the flour/water paste, this was incredible)

-Salad of spinach, lettuce, mushrooms, bacon chips, nashi pear, big parmesan shavings, julienned welsh onion, and roasted walnuts

-Salad of corn, three different beans, cherry tomatoes, onion, fresh jalapeno, cilantro, and wine vinaigrette

Not pictured,

-A turkey I completely guesed on (using an oven measured in Celsius, and no experience cooking turkeys before)

-Stuffing I made from scratch (diced French bread, carrots, onions, celery, fresh sage, fresh rosemary, all sauteed in butter then stuffed in the bird, turned out excellent)

-Some random veggies

Made it all after starting in a couple bottles of wine a bit too early, $300 of groceries, 3 trips to the store halfway through, and crossing my fingers. Like some sort of miracle meal as it all turned out excellent.