Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

dubstep is cool but I personally don't think it has the potential to crossover with most hipsters/people in the scene, at least not like electro did

aint that, somewhat, the reason why electro is panning out. almost, too much, cross over?

in like 06-07 i used to be able to connect with most people bumping electro, now its standard background tunes for any alt cool for sake of gathering. feel like ppl bump it but dont really listen to it or arnt really paying attention to the chords just the radical distortion/sound blips. feel like i read too much hipsterRO or like im wesley snipes in white man cant jump

i'd call electro a little more than a little tired out, but i dont think i would call it dead. i dont really care what the state of the genre is, if you drop a high energy/high noise classic 'lectro joint to an already dancey/excited crowd most places you're still going to get the same reaction you did 2 years ago.

that being said, there's still plenty of people out there fiending for a loud pounding bass and lets say a heavy, bouncy synth to accompany it. as long as people are still partial towards it for a quick cheap thrill, lectroz will still be around.

aint that, somewhat, the reason why electro is panning out. almost, too much, cross over?

in like 06-07 i used to be able to connect with most people bumping electro, now its standard background tunes for any alt cool for sake of gathering. feel like ppl bump it but dont really listen to it or arnt really paying attention to the chords just the radical distortion/sound blips. feel like i read too much hipsterRO or like im wesley snipes in white man cant jump

I kinda agree except I think now then ever there's more variety in the genre and people are starting to find their own little niche. I'm talking about everyone who got into justice and started exploring electronic music from there. I feel like before (coachella 08?), there was more of a love for the same sound whereas this past year the sounds were way more diverse and interesting.

justice's WoN ep was the gateway. same time teenage bad girl was found...they're terribly underrated and probably could've easily been where justice is now had they went down that path.

dubstep is cool but I personally don't think it has the potential to crossover with most hipsters/people in the scene, at least not like electro did

thank god. i really like that not everyone loves dubstep. same with d'nb.

my vote for the next hottest genre is gypsy house.

i like how the dubstep community is now resenting skream...

a genre anticipating its own demise

i hope wobbles and raw square waves become a mainstream staple soon ... it'll be like the sound of the late 00's

benga feat lady gaga- watch me die (caspa RrAavvy remix)

Nosaj Thing is so fucking AMAZING.

i was really feeling the beat to this song by kid cudi called "man on the moon", and didn't know where the original beat was from. then browsing this thread, i often like to type in some of the names you guys toss around in here, and JUST so happens it's nosaj thing's beat/song/whatever. haha, what a coincidence.

Kid Cudi - Man on The Moon

hKD2EWLKcNU

Nosaj Thing - Aquarium

LQOViWlIQoc

i was really feeling the beat to this song by kid cudi called "man on the moon", and didn't know where the original beat was from. then browsing this thread, i often like to type in some of the names you guys toss around in here, and JUST so happens it's nosaj thing's beat/song/whatever. haha, what a coincidence.

haha yeah, i noticed that too when i checked out nosaj thing.

cudi did that alot on his mixtape.. The Prayer = band of horses - the funeral, Heaven At Nite = ratatat - tacobel canon, Can I Be = LCD soundsystem - someone great

i made an edit of his track Can I Be since whoever made the beat left off the best part of the track.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zyxmjuqlozm

nosaj thing – views/octopus ep

Views-Octopus-by-Nosaj-Thing_LxLoSdy__CQx_full.jpg

word I bought this like 3 years ago straight from the guy. Its all scratched up now but aquarium was always my favorite song. I really need a proper rip. One day my friend is jamming it in his car and I go "oh sick nosaj thing" and hes like "naw this is kid cudi" and i got really pissed. This guys been playing gigs for like the last 2-3 years and it seems like hes gotten no attention till now. He deserves it though, his music is original and damn good

word I bought this like 3 years ago straight from the guy. Its all scratched up now but aquarium was always my favorite song. I really need a proper rip. One day my friend is jamming it in his car and I go "oh sick nosaj thing" and hes like "naw this is kid cudi" and i got really pissed. This guys been playing gigs for like the last 2-3 years and it seems like hes gotten no attention till now. He deserves it though, his music is original and damn good

i totally feel you, i hate when that shit happens. my friend was all "yo check out this sick shinichi osawa track called STAR GUITAR".... i'm like "aagggghh". a lot of people's tastes are evolving... just wish they'd do some backtracking/research before they claim they know about electronic music.

nosaj thing is really the freshest stuff i've heard in a while. was his live set dope? closest relation is flylo i think... hints of ratatat in there too.

i totally feel you, i hate when that shit happens. my friend was all "yo check out this sick shinichi osawa track called STAR GUITAR".... i'm like "aagggghh". a lot of people's tastes are evolving... just wish they'd do some backtracking/research before they claim they know about electronic music.

nosaj thing is really the freshest stuff i've heard in a while. was his live set dope? closest relation is flylo i think... hints of ratatat in there too.

ya dude his live set is amazing. He was the first opener of the night behind 2 other people and we had no idea who he was. After the set I made sure to get his cd, which says alot about his performance. And at the time i was just getting into the whole justice/mstrkrft train but I really loved ratatat, which is probably what got me hooked.

idk if i'm putting this in the right thread but i thought i'd throw it out there anyways. this is a dream.

i was going to a Treasure Fingers show, and i arrived before my girlfriend did (she had my ticket). So i'm like chillin in the waiting area, and someone pushes me on accident, and i fall inside and its this HIGH drop. I'm freaking out as i fall, but when i hit the ground i bounce. it appears that its like a bounce house.. or moon bounce. jumper; whatever. and then i look up and i see the the crowd and dj. and im IN! it was like the tightest show ever i was all bouncing around everywhere and everyone was running into each other haha. then my girlfriend shows up and she's wearing like basically nothing looking hot as fuck.

ahhh

but we always have to wake up dont we?

Fukkk Offf - Love Me Hate Me Kiss Me Kill Me (album)

56456465.jpg

qoc1eu.jpg

if you're running nodata.tv can you PLEASE consider better hosts such as mediafire/zshare/etc, hotfile let's you download something like 1 file per hour and rapidshare isn't much better with their waiting times, just sayin.