Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

i've seen most all of the borderline mainstream (shudder) acts raping our preferred musical style of its originality and dignity as of late in the past two weeks

IMG_0176-2.jpg

shit was insane. At one point I think they played a few of their new tracks and they sounded HUGE, I think this new album will have some bangersss

who are the 2nd djs, digitalism? simian? anyways i'm scared of seeing justice again, i saw their set once last year...i'm pretty sure they are going to play the same shit again...=(

They are going to roughly play the same songs but they always mix it up a little differently. I talked to Xavier before a show once and he told me they have an 1h30m set or a little longer set depending on how things go.

i feel the exact same. shitty thing is they're gonna be here oct 29th and you gotta be 19 to get in. god damn.

i hate when you ahve to be 18+ to go to a certain concert. im 18, but I used to ahte that shit. and it sucks for the other people too.

edit: WTF?!

did I edited a post?

i fucking wish i was even a day's driving distance from anywhere they're playing. the documentary was so inspiring, i love soulwax but have so much more respect for them after seeing the doc. what did justice say (twice)? mine didn't have subtitles.

not sure if this is the right place but, 6 new terje edits - http://www.sendspace.com/file/o62nro

i want to know now that it's been brought up: between justice, the beetroots and mstrkrft, and any other duo, what exactly do they do that requires 2 people?

um, making their music requires 2 people.... :confused:

what requires a band to have 4 or 5 people?

i want to know now that it's been brought up: between justice, the beetroots and mstrkrft, and any other duo, what exactly do they do that requires 2 people?

From my experience producing, you usually have one who favors live performance and another who favors engineering/making songs. I tend to lean to the DJ side of things whereas my partners are more on the production side.

You can see this example repeated with (in the bloghouse genre):

LA Riots

Designer Drugs

Neon Coyote

Justice

Only one of them DJ's, the other dude stands there (or doesn't show up, in the case of LA Riots).

Yes I am seriously considering flying out to Philly for their show. I won't be able to live with my self otherwise. Heh.And as far as the beetroots goes, Rifo is the non-technical dude, so he's on the kaoss pad/sampler setup. Its nice to see them actually trying something to set themselves apart other than just donning masks. Even if all their tunes sound the same now.

cut copy/presets was so awesome in dc

so worth flying to see it.

anyone have/can get this?

http://www.new.facebook.com/pages/Cut-Copy/6816454446#/discography/album.php?aid=14686490293

i can up it. it's extremely similar to the avalanches and nothing like CC's bright like neon love / in ghost colours. not as good as the avs, but much like it. makes sense too since they're both on modular and that EP came out shortly after avs' since i left you album released.

i can up it. it's extremely similar to the avalanches and nothing like CC's bright like neon love / in ghost colours. not as good as the avs, but much like it. makes sense too since they're both on modular and that EP came out shortly after avs' since i left you album released.

do it!

also ive been lookin for this song for ages

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAUaQuhb7e0&fmt=18

it somewhat found its way into the twilight off the first album

From my experience producing, you usually have one who favors live performance and another who favors engineering/making songs. I tend to lean to the DJ side of things whereas my partners are more on the production side.

You can see this example repeated with (in the bloghouse genre):

LA Riots

Designer Drugs

Neon Coyote

Justice

Only one of them DJ's, the other dude stands there (or doesn't show up, in the case of LA Riots).

no doubt, actually michael and theo both do production for designer drugs but you only ever see michael DJing, i've heard Xavier does most of the producing for Justice, but when DJing earlier this year they had a prerecorded mix and both just fucked with these on stage: http://www.jazzmutant.com/lemur_overview.php