For 501 freaks - a timeline

Paul T

amazing history.. and some of the facts are actually quite funny, ex. the rivets and cinc were removed in order to spare metal and the arcuate was removed because it wasnt usefull.. more of these things...

thanks for linking us up, Paul. i've got a MS Word document with little bits stolen from your book and some of these online resources...it's all very sketchy, this history thing, and alot of times the dates disagree or are vague. it does make the hunt more rewarding though.

wow, who knew? this shit was directly on the site? I never understood why they dont have a visual history as well. Im sure everyone in their design departments could write the history.

Paul T, quick question, is the japanese version of your denim book the same as the english version? or does it have any added content? also, did you finish your new book?

Pretty much the same - but for a couple of errors that were corrected. I think it's the reprint size, ie the smaller one.

Yup, new book all done bar checking the index, out in the UK 15 March, around the same time in the US...

That's very kind. No jeans in it though...

http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9780767923194

(i'll edit this later and erase the shameless self-publicising...)

i can't fucking wait. iggy is my hero.

any news on that iggy bio pic with elijah wood?

good to have you back paul.

Very informative on many construction details, but is there a definitive answer on cut/fit of different eras? I am new here but have been lurking for months and have read literally thousands of posts. I have searched all of the info on 501's but still can't figure out if the 1966 or 1947 are slimmer. I have read conflicting info on this. Perhaps a better question for the small questions thread?

• 6 months later...