Anime / Manga

englandmj7

I really underestimated BTOOOM! for this season.

I usually only strictly watch slice-of-life animes, but MAN IS IT GOOD.

Also, the BTOOOM manga is pretty far ahead, if you don't feel like waiting. (Although it's still ongoing)

Here's my list for this season:

BTOOOM!

Sukitte Ii na yo.

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun.

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!

Sakura no Pet na Kanojo.

Nerawareta Gakuen.

I've really liked Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun so far. I think it'll probably end up as my favorite of the season.

I picked that up, along with

Shin Sekai Yori

Zetsuen no Tempest

so far. Going to watch Btooom! and also give K a shot. I also want to pick up Sukitte Ii na yo. I've never really had this many interest me in a season and it's funny cause now I have hardly any time to watch. Oh yeah, gonna continue SAO also

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

jumping in this thread, just finished season one of psycho-pass. even though its a completel rip-off of a bunch of hollywood films, its pretty fantastic. check it out. only 11 30min episodes so far. the first anime i've loved in a very, very long time.

i read btoooo(?)oooom a while ago, gonna try the anime. ive heard good things, im excited!

Am I the only one who watched Chobits all the way through during HS and really liked it? Must have been my emo phase.

Evangelion was real good as well growing up but I think I did not catch the ending at all or was it too far gone by then? Was there a movie as well when they fought the white winged beasts?

Death Note was probably the last anime I saw in its entirety from beginning to end. Was awesome.

Currently just watching Naruto here and there...like the first 100 episodes was real good for me then it died a bit then got exciting when Naruto had to face Sasuke.

Any cool anime movies / shows for suggestions? Do I NEED to watch Akira?

Am I the only one who watched Chobits all the way through during HS and really liked it? Must have been my emo phase.

Evangelion was real good as well growing up but I think I did not catch the ending at all or was it too far gone by then? Was there a movie as well when they fought the white winged beasts?

Death Note was probably the last anime I saw in its entirety from beginning to end. Was awesome.

Currently just watching Naruto here and there...like the first 100 episodes was real good for me then it died a bit then got exciting when Naruto had to face Sasuke.

You NEED to watch Akira, if you haven't watched Ghost in the Shell I'd watch that as well. They have a remastered version out and an anime as well for Ghost. Ergo Proxy is pretty decent as well, and so is Serial Experiments Lain. I'd also check out Stiens;Gate, it's a great sci-fi with it's fair share of hilarious moments. In fact I'd suggest you watch all of the ";" series (Chaos;Head & Robotics;Notes)

any other criteria for movies or anime? would be easier to give you more specific recommendations rather than just classics/well established series

miyazaki is the default answer. his movies are very fun to watch.

makoto shinkai and satoshi kon are very good directors. 5 centimeters per second by shinkai and millennium actress by kon are great

FLCL is only like 6 episodes.

then go read oyasumi punpun by inio asano.

Really like Seriel Experiment Lain, and had its creepy / scary moments watch it as a kid. I think it aired following Neon Genesis on PBS

Watched Ghost on Hulu but found it fairly short. Will check out Akira.

Also watched that short series with the guy on the bike who travels to different jobs. That was one A+++ and probably most recent watch.

I'm pretty open to anything if it is easily accessible and pretty much easy to understand. Fantasy and action, less sci-fi because I don't like horror.

Also watched a bit of Robin the Witch Hunter whenever I was at cousins house with cable tv. Liked the music score.

Edited by gettoasty

I'm pretty open to anything if it is easily accessible and pretty much easy to understand. Fantasy and action, less sci-fi because I don't like horror.

flcl, yu yu hakusho,

you should still check out makoto shinkai and satoshi kon movies. they're excellent.

i haven't seen Lain in a really long time. i just remember really liking the intro song. Nichijou is such a ridiculous anime. It's kind of Azumanga Daioh-esque. Does anyone have any suggestions for anime series that have a similar kind of humor?

sayonara zetsubou sensei

You NEED to watch Akira, if you haven't watched Ghost in the Shell I'd watch that as well. They have a remastered version out and an anime as well for Ghost. Ergo Proxy is pretty decent as well, and so is Serial Experiments Lain. I'd also check out Stiens;Gate, it's a great sci-fi with it's fair share of hilarious moments. In fact I'd suggest you watch all of the ";" series (Chaos;Head & Robotics;Notes)

Second this; Akira was my first anime ever, I still love revisiting old memories watching it again. Currently finishing off GiTS, watching some Berserk in between, and a friend noted that Bleach might be worth a try.

• 2 weeks later...

Mushi-Shi is a gorgeously drawn if slower-paced anime which deals with the spiritual world that surrounds and interacts with humans. Reminds me of a Princess Mononoke-esque universe. I am watching it more for the art style than the plot, but its not terrible.