Do you love fashion as much as I do?

sallym66

Hello! My name is Sally and I am a new member. I live in Vancouver, Canada and I love anything to do with fashion! I'm looking to find some interesting websites to check out. It anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them!

A friend of mine told me to check out this website: http://fashionberry.com and I found it to be a really neat concept. If you want to check it out let me know what you think! I look forward to hearing from my new friends!

hi and welcome...

- lame first post

- question asked a million times before

- flamers getting here any sec

- next time use search

- stupid website and stupid idea

Guest Methimphibian

Watch the next 50 post come in and talk about how much 'she' will get flamed but won't actually flame hahaa.

To answer your question I don't follow 'fashion', I wear and buy what I like regardless of what any hypebeast do. I don't even know why I'm on SF to be honest, I only registered to learn about Nudie's and raw denim.

I go to your WAYWT thread and half of you people look depressed and annorexic like that guy 'chris'. SF style isn't that bad, but it's not really my style, so I respect that.

Another thing I don't like is that I'm 6 0' 160, and I wear a L and XL, most of the clothes in marketplace are either small or medium so I can't really buy any good shit here.

Anyway that's all.

Peace

Watch the next 50 post come in and talk about how much 'she' will get flamed but won't actually flame hahaa.

To answer your question I don't follow 'fashion', I wear and buy what I like regardless of what any hypebeast do. I don't even know why I'm on SF to be honest, I only registered to learn about Nudie's and raw denim.

I go to your WAYWT thread and half of you people look depressed and annorexic like that guy 'chris'. SF style isn't that bad, but it's not really my style, so I respect that.

Another thing I don't like is that I'm 6 0' 160, and I wear a L and XL, most of the clothes in marketplace are either small or medium so I can't really buy any good shit here.

Anyway that's all.

Peace

istockphoto_1237_gas_can_metal.jpg

Anyway that's all.

Peace

the thing is...in my book there's a very big difference between being stylish and simply being fashionable. I don't think there's a positive correlation between the two, necessarily...it's not even so much about what one is wearing. Which is why goin back to that top 5 best dressed thread i couldn't even think of a fifth person to add. To me, a lot of the other people mentioned, and the majority of people on this board...they're "fashionable" but i wouldn't say they're "stylish." In many cases, after spending all this time on fashion forums, i would even say there's a tendency that the more people delve into the realm of becoming too fashionable, that's not stylish to me. At ALL.

Again, this is going strictly from the pictures they've posted...i haven't seen them in person and i think before doing that i can't really make a proper assessment of their style. Likewise, anyone could say the same about me so i'm not hating.

Very few people own their own style. <blanketStatement>Especially younger people.</blanketStatement>

and just to put as an example of what i think is "stylish"...on the sartorialist's men.style.com blog and his recent entries on Milan Mens' fashion week...i think 95% of the people he's snapped on there, i would definitely consider stylish.
Abso-smurfly agree with this.

EDIT: someone move this to superfashion please.

and a majority of people on this forum are younger...probably still in the phase where they're trying to get a sense of fine tuning their style and personality into an equilibrium...often times, i find that gets lost in the hype of what's supposed to be fashionable. like they're wearing nice clothes, but the overall effect just doesn't quite strike me so much.