checked out Edun (Rogan X Bono collabo) yet?

azymuth

yo the Edun site is up, just saw it this weekend... http://edun.ie/, I wrote a bit about it @ ASF, http://asilentflute.blogspot.com/ , but what do you think? I like Rogan, but not a Bono fan really...

Peace,

ASF

<center>All Served with White Rice and Choice of (1) Shrimp Toast, or (1) Spare Rib, or (2) Crabmeat Wonton, or (1) Egg Roll or (1) Soup </center>

They're commited to social goals & excellent labor conditions, etc. & thats cool. Bono's a bit of a herb but I guess it's cool that he desires to be in the denim/fashion game? & somehow linking up with Rogan was a bit of a coup for him but I'd imagine, if you're Rogan & in your early thirties, Bono is a bit of a legend so you're not really thinking straight...

I don't know? Rogan is smart to keep his namesake line exclusive (well, semi-exclusive at this point) & then parlay Edun & Loomstate so that he reaches a "celebrity"/Paper Denim type clientele... But at the same time I think it takes away from his Rogan line a bit...

Some of the stuff is to fragile & the designs are trying a little to hard. But then some of the stuff is dope. Mostly just some of the denim really...

-Dub

well stated, my thoughts exactly.

I was reading about it some more, and the idea was floated that Rogan is using the collabo to take a little shine or hype away from his line, in order to keep Rogan real and not over saturated. Then Loomstate comes in as a sort of diffusion line, and the Rogan name lives on.

When Rogan very first came out i was really in awe, as time goes on and production becomes bigger, the awe factor goes away, and it becomes more pedestrian, but i guess this is really the nature of the beast.

<center>All Served with White Rice and Choice of (1) Shrimp Toast, or (1) Spare Rib, or (2) Crabmeat Wonton, or (1) Egg Roll or (1) Soup </center>